Thursday, November 22, 2007

...just sitting here


Today is Thanksgiving!!! As I posted in the previous post, I have a lot to be thankful this year, but something just doesn't feel right about today. You see, Alex is on duty today. He's been gone since about 6:15 am and won't be back until tomorrow at about 8:00 am. It's been very lonely here today and as I sit here feeling lonely, I wonder what happened to how I was feeling when I was overjoyed with thankfulness? I'm still thankful for those things, people, and experiences, but something isn't quite right when you so deeply miss someone that you hold so dear to your heart. This is the first night I've had to spend by myself since having Madison. It's a very weird feeling to know that if I needed Alex he won't be laying next to me in bed. I know that he's doing his job and I'm thankful that he's allowing someone else to be with their family on Thanksgiving, I just miss him. I didn't think it was going to be as hard as it is. Oh well. I got to have dinner with those wonderful friends I mentioned earlier. It was very nice to have their company, but as I'm sitting here now, I feel lonely once again. I guess I just can't seem to get enough company today. Guess that is just life sometimes. Anyway, I hope that everyone had a wonderful day today. I'm looking forward to having Alex back tomorrow and having a house full of people for our "Fakesgiving."

Thank you to all of you who have touched my life in one way or another. I am a better person for having known you!

No comments: