Friday, December 05, 2008

Welcome Home Ben!!!


Some of our dearest friends here in Twentynine Palms had a very big night last night. Lt. Ben Brewster, 1st Platoon, Golf Company, returned home after a very long, hard deployment in Afghanistan. The day kept us all in suspense as his arrival time changed at least five different times due to their plane breaking down in Chicago. But, he finally arrived on Victory field at around 7:15 pm. The company marched out onto the field and then one platoon at a time they were released to their anxiously awaiting family and friends.
Ben and Di, I am so very happy for you that you are back in each other's arms. I know that it has been a long eight months, but our Lord is good soon you will be back to normal life in no time. You guys have been a huge blessing in my life and I truly appreciate your friendship.
Welcome Home Ben!!!!

Anxiously awaiting Ben's arrival


Ben (the one on the far left) getting ready to release his platoon


First embrace




Levi welcoming home his daddy

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Homecomings always make me cry...I love the pic of the couple kissing. She is tippy toeing out of her shoes. Thanks for sharing Steph.

The Doerr Four said...

These get me every time.