Saturday, September 30, 2006

Waiting.....

I'm sitting here on a Saturday afternoon trying to figure out why God keeps things from us, especially when it something our heart deeply desires. I know that God knows what's best for us and that He has specific timing, but sometimes it's hard to wait, especially when you've been asking for something since you were little. I don't really want to get into the details just yet, but I simply felt like writing.

How does one sit back and just wait? I've been trying to do so, but no matter how much I say I'm being patient, or how much I put my trust in God....I still desperately want something that has not yet been given to me. It's hard to put that out of my mind. I have been on my knees with my hands to the sky, but yet nothing has happened.

I'm beginning to wonder if the waiting will ever end. I have always believed that God wouldn't withhold the desires one of His children had in their hearts. Do I keep holding on to this desire or do I give up? If I give up, when do I give up? I really enjoy the thought of my desire, but it's getting so hard to just sit back and wait. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm surrounded by several people who already have been able to start on their dreams, while I'm stuck just watching them and hoping my dream will start soon.

No comments: