Sunday, September 17, 2006

Withdrawals


I am having such a hard time this year not being in the classroom. I didn't realize how hard it would be not to be teaching. It's the first time in seven years that my life hasn't revolved around a classroom in some fashion. It's very weird having nothing to do during the day and trying to find things to fill my day.

Some days I don't have any trouble keeping myself busy and other days it seems like the day just drags on by. I am trying extra hard to grow more as a wife after God's own heart. I mean I have the time to cook, to clean, and to do the laundry as well as purposefully doing things that mean a lot to my husband. Real quick, let me just back up for those of you that don't know why I'm not teaching this year. My husband and I are moving to Virginia because he is going on active duty for the Marine Corps and has some more training to finish out in Quantico. Therefore, I resigned from teaching in my district because I didn't think it would be right to start the year, knowing that I'd be leaving two months into it.

I didn't realize how much teaching was apart of my soul. I LOVE children and helping them to love themselves. Not being around children and able to influence them in this way is hard. I have several friends that have children that I get to see on a regular basis, but it's not the same. I am not ever one on one with them or in a place where I can just devote myself to them in that capacity.

For those of you that don't teach, this probably seems like a silly thing, but I feel like a piece of me is missing and I don't know how to find it or to fill the void. Anyway, don't really know where I'm going with this from here...but that's what's on my heart right now. I'm always looking for good books or good studies, especially since I have so much extra time now, so if anyone has suggestions, please feel free to leave them. :)

No comments: