Sunday, February 22, 2009

Luckiest Girl in the World



Yesterday, when I walked downstairs to the kitchen I was greeted with a sweet note from my husband, that he had left on the counter for me to find. I spent the morning getting ready for a Tea Party in honor of my sweet friend Diana's birthday. The tea was at 2:00pm. I had a blast, but was completely in awe after I got home. I walked in the door at 5:00pm (so I was only gone for 3.5 hours), to find the most amazing surprise. Alex, while watching Madison, had totally cleaned our downstairs (including steam cleaning the carpet). Then in addition he had set our dining room table up with two place settings of our fine china, our wedding goblets, and a beautiful candle in the middle. He had a cd that he had made me filled with songs that made him think of me; this was sitting on the table waiting to be put in. He had a whole dinner planned for us, after Madison went to bed! He made filets, salad, fresh french bread with oil and vinegar, oven roasted red potatoes, and rose champagne. Then after dinner he had picked out the movie You've Got Mail (which was the first movie we saw together), for us to watch while eating homemade chocolate dipped strawberries that he had also made that day! I was in heaven, but then when I went upstairs to change into my comfy clothes there was a little scroll wrapped up with a pretty red ribbon. When I opened it, I discovered that Alex had written me a two page love letter! Am I married to the greatest man or what? I love him with all of my heart. He is my knight in shining armor. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you again sweetie for all of the thought you put into yesterday and for the amazing you had planned for us! I felt just like a princess!

I took pictures at the beginning, but forgot to take pictures once all of the food was brought out!



1 comment:

Crazy Love said...

That is soo very sweet!!