Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day




We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on Sunday the 13th because Alex wanted to make me dinner. He did such a good job last year that I requested the same dinner this year! He does such an awesome job. This year the menu slightly varied, but it was super tasty. We had Steak Diane (my favorite), sweet peas, roasted and sauteed yukon gold potatoes, french bread, and apple cranberry cider.



Alex was such a sweetie...he bought me a beautiful bouquet of long stem red roses (that I forgot to take a picture of) and he bought Madison a single long stem red rose. It was very sweet and Madison was in heaven...it was her first flower from her very first Valentine!


The next day, on the 14th, I made Madison a Valentine's Day lunch in celebration of one of my favorite holidays (mostly because of the hearts, but also because I'm a hopeless romantic). Alex also had little surprises for us that day as well. He had bought Madison one of those recordable Hallmark books about how she was his little princess and he had bought me the sequel to a two part series I'm reading by Francine Rivers. He's oh so thoughtful!


Hope you all had a wonderfully beautiful Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

~ko said...

Such a cute post! For some reason my blog isn't showing your most recent posts? I didn't realize you had been updating! Will saw Madison's plate and asked me to make his lunch look like that today :) Adorable!