Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Politics...Will They Ever Stop?

Is there a profession in this world that doesn't involve politics? Please let me know if you can think of one. I have only been teaching two years and I am so disheartened by all of the politics that take place behind the scenes. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not one who's big on politics. I am saddened by how much politics are effecting, not only my job, but the joy I have while doing my job. I simply want to teach children and to help them to grow and learn, but all of the behind the scenes stuff makes it so very difficult.
Today, for my own good, it was suggested that I terminate my classroom blog. This saddened me, but I complied. I love the communication that was able to take place between my class and my parents. I guess the education world isn't ready for blogs. I am saddened because this simply shows yet again, how politics can take away the joy that comes from teaching.

Until next time....

No comments: