Sunday, May 29, 2005

Seriously.....

Today as my husband and I were driving home from our friend's graduation party, we saw a very disturbing bumper sticker. It read: "Jesus is coming...but don't worry...we'll nail him again!"

Can you believe that? Not only is that flat out rude...it's sick!!! Flat out wrong!!! Now granted I know Christianity is far from perfect and that many "Christians" have given Christianity a bad reputation and as a result our faith and beliefs get scoffed or mocked on a regular basis. But, that bumper sticker went much further!

It wasn't only trying to aggravate Christians, it was making a much bolder statement in my opinion. What it said to me was that they are trying to rid the world of Christianity all together. And to that all I have to say is that sometimes the TRUTH can be convicting and hard to take in, but it sits inside of you and makes you contemplate. Then you have a choice...accept it and change your life accordingly OR reject it and constantly live a life going against the natural way of life, which thus explains this person's sick line of thinking and reasoning.

If you're going against the flow of natural thought and away from truth, you're then heading in the direction of sin and disturbing thoughts. It's people like these that we need to be making more of an effort to befriend, seriously befriend, and just lead by example and share our story with them as time moves in and through the relationship.

All this being said, I still can't believe that I saw this bumper sticker on someone's car...I mean seriously!

No comments: