Thursday, September 29, 2005

Putting Things In Perspective




I feel like recently I've had a lot of friends, family, or colleagues that have been dealing with either themselves of dear loved ones who have some form of cancer. It just seems like cancer is everywhere right now. I personally know people from ages 6 to 80 that probably won't live past this year because of some sort of cancer that is eating away at their body. This said, it has been on my mind a lot, since it seems wherever I turn, the reality of how powerful cancer is hits me in the face.

For those of you who read Our Daily Bread, today's excerpt was even about cancer, but it had a great story that left me with a positive feeling, instead of the same sad feeling I get when talking about cancer.

Here was the focus verse for the day:


For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. —Philippians 1:21


It's one of those verses that I've heard a million times, but it just totally made sense with this circumstance and became even more clear and had even more meaning for me.

I pray that we can all live without fear of dying, because with Christ, we only go on to a better place. Just like the lady in the story today, fear of dying can also include being fearful of leaving the ones you love, but with our faith in God we can know they'll be taken care of and we can leave them with the peace of mind that we are going to a better place.

May you all have a blessed day!

No comments: