Saturday, November 04, 2017

3 for 1

Days 87 & 88 & 89.


I started my post yesterday and woke up to the realization that I never finished it. Whoops. So, then I started my post yesterday with the plans to cover those two days and ended up getting side tracked with something for work and because I'd started writing the blog, in my mind I'd finished it and then I woke up this morning realizing I didn't post the blog...for crying out loud. So......tonight will cover Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The struggle is real y'all. Nights are so full that some times I have to just decide to stop because I could keep working into the wee hours of the morning, but then my alarm would be going off  too soon (it goes off at 5:15am) and I'd be a zombie all day.


Anyway, on Thursday, I helped out in Hudson's class and we got to deliver a special present to his class. Alex had a flag flown and dedicated to his class to go with their IB unit and performance later on this week that is a tribute to the military. Hudson was super excited to share this flag with his class. Alex also was able to send over a folder with pictures that the Combat Camera took while they are raising and flying the flag.

      

On Friday, I had a GREAT workout at my gym. Really can't say enough about how much I love my trainers and how much I love the gym. I have only been there a month (on the 6th) and I've seen so many amazing results and have gotten so much stronger, and I have wonderful friends that I look forward to seeing every time I go to my training sessions. 

Another BIG thing that happened on Friday was that Madison got a big connection on the beam. She was so excited and if it keeps going well, they might have her work it into her beam routine. She's started connecting a back walkover, back handspring. I wasn't able to get a video, but I'm hoping that maybe next week I can get one. All I know is this sweet girl was beaming from ear to ear when I picked her up and hasn't stopped talking about it and every night she prays that God would keep helping her to get stronger at the skill because she's so excited to be executing it. 

On Friday, I also received a call from the jeweler that has my ring and was told it will be another week before I have my ring back because the setting that was sent to them did not satisfy the jeweler. So, he ordered a new one from another company and thinks it will be a much better fit for my ring and for a heart shaped diamond. 

Today, Hudson had golf this morning and he did amazing. When he takes his time, he's really starting to have a strong swing and has been hitting the ball really well. But the biggest thing, is that he's having so much fun with it and I LOVE seeing that wonderful smile across his face through the whole class and then when he comes to find me after class. 

It was a beautiful day. We had the sliders open today and the front door....we would have had the windows open, but our management company didn't feel they were necessary when renting out the house, so we are screenless. I might go try to figure out how to get screens because days like today are too beautiful to not have the windows open. Anyway, my parents came over after golf and we talked and then played Five Crowns. We all just love that game so much. If you've never played it and you like card games, you have to check it out. I'd say we all highly recommend it. 

After they left, we had lunch and then Madison and I worked on her Science Fair Project a little bit. She needed to come up with a project that can be done fairly quickly because they were given the packets last week and the science fair isn't that far away. So Madison searched through several possibly ideas from a website Alex found and through some ideas we found on Pinterest and ended up not really liking anything she saw...go figure. ;) So, she remember that I'd told her someone on my team had a daughter who had done an experiment with essential oils, so she brainstormed and she decided on what I think will be a very fun, very interesting science project. We ordered the petri dishes today...they should be here Monday so that she can start the actual experiment and start tracking the results. She's going to put Thieves oil to the test again vinegar and lysol. Anyway, we worked on gathering research today and she wrote her question, her hypothesis, her research points, her bibliography, her materials and began thinking about her procedure and will write that tomorrow. Basically she finished everything except the experiment, data and conclusion, so she's feeling good about where she's at now. Then next weekend we'll probably start working on her Science Fair Board...at least with the info we have. Because of Madison's new gym schedule we try to make the most of our weekends when it comes to homework and school projects. I think we're doing okay so far....the Science Fair is November 28th. 

After Science Fair prep, we watched Star Wars Rebels and then started our movie night. I forgot to grab our Applegate Pepperoni from Target this week, so we just made homemade cheese pizza. Kids had fun and enjoyed our movie night. They had popcorn and each picked a candy to have while they watched. 

Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy your extra hour of sleep, but if you're a parent....might want to add an extra swipe of Rutavala to the bottom of your kids big toes, as an extra precaution. 


SaveSave

No comments: