Tuesday, November 07, 2017

My Beautiful Surprise

Day 92.

Happy Tuesday to you!!!!

I hope you had a GREAT day! Last week was such a strange week for me. I was constantly off on what day it was and this week, I can't believe it's already the end of Tuesday.

It's been a good day.

During a deployment, friends play an extra roll in our lives. My dear friend Kara made me feel extra special today. She sent me a beautiful fall bouquet of flowers that were delivered to my door.


Kara and I have been friends for almost 20 years...we met in 1999 as we both started our freshman year of college at Cal State Fullerton. We have been friends ever since, but God had extra special plans and brought Kara into my life in a very beautiful way just before Alex deployed and she's been a constant ever since. She texts me almost daily to check on me and we talk on the phone as often as our schedules allow. It's been such a sweet time of seeing God move in each of our lives and being able to pray for each other along the way. 

In addition to this wonderful surprise, I had the chance to talk to Alex a couple of times today, which is always amazing. Love my man something fierce! 

Also, this morning at the kids school, there was a special performance. World Champion Boxer Tim Bradley, gave each child at the school a copy of his new book and he donated $5,000.00 to the school library. He has a daughter at our school and so he wanted to help them out. He shared with the kids about how he chased his dreams and made them a reality. The kids all really thought it was fantastic. 

Then a little earlier tonight I got to share one of my Winter Wellness tips on LIVE video on my fb page. It's been fun because I'm also hosting a private fb Winter Wellness class and I love being able to share what has worked for us and help others be proactive with their health. 

Looking forward to what the rest of the week has in store....Hudson has a big day tomorrow and Thursday will be full of goodies and Friday is a holiday (and the USMC birthday).....yes...this has been and will continue to be a GREAT week!

No comments: