Friday, June 03, 2011

Ono


Okay, so for those of you who know me well, you know that I am not a huge fan of seafood! There are a few types of fish that I like: Halibut and Ono and sometimes Tilapia (depending on how it's prepared).

I was beyond excited when Alex and I last went to Costco because they had Ono. Tuesday night we decided to grill it and followed the recipe on the back of the package...it was AMAZING! I am posting the recipe because it was the best marinade I've ever used on fish and it came out beautifully! Even Madison LOVED it...so here is a picture of her plate because I remembered to actually take one! We made Madison a mock Mai Tai with just pineapple juice, orange juice and a splash of grenadine!

Marinade (from Black Tie):

2-4 fish filets
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice (I might add a little more next time b/c I love lemon so much)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp dried Thyme
1/2 sea salt (I used Kosher Salt and it worked just as well)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
lemon slices to garnish

**Marinade for 15-20 minutes than throw on grill...

No comments: