Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ice Cream Date with Daddy


I've been meaning to post this for a little while now.

Last weekend, Alex took Madison on a little father-daughter date! Alex and I had talked and aside from the example Madison sees in the home of how a man should treat a woman (and she has an awesome example with watching how Alex treats me), we want Madison to go on one on one dates with Alex, so that she learns (from a young age) what to be looking for in a future husband and how he should treat her.




So, back to last weekend. Alex asked Madison if he could take her on a date. She was beyond excited. So we set the whole stage. Alex went outside and told Madison that he would knock on the door. Madison waited anxiously. It was so cute to see her so excited to go on a little date with her daddy.

Once there was a knock on the door, Madison darted to the door and swung it open! Alex was there waiting with a long stem red rose to hand her. Then, Alex took her arm and led her to the door, where he opened it for her and helped her in the car!




They then drove off as I waved good-bye. They went to Cold Stone Creamery. Alex said they had a blast. Now, I wasn't there to witness it, but Alex took some pictures and you could just see Madison was glowing! She had the bubblegum ice-cream (which shocked me because she is usually pretty predictable with ice-cream: Strawberry or Mint-n-chip).



I would say this was a successful date and they are looking forward to many more in the future!

2 comments:

~ko said...

Made me cry :) I wish more dads would invest in their little girls like this. When we decided to start our family one of the books Bill read was Robert Wolgemuth's, She Calls Me Daddy. Not sure if Alex has read it, but after this post I think it's right up his alley :)

Matthews Family said...

That is so sweet. What a great idea.