Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Beautiful Box with a Thoughtful Surprise

Today was a fun, but busy, busy day!

This morning, after dropping Madison off at school, Hudson and I went to the Y. He was able to play and have fun, while I fit in a wonderful workout. After we left the Y, we headed to Trader Joe's (one of my favorite stops during the week).

When it was time to pick up Madison, I decided that I wanted to walk! Kristyle was free and decided to walk with me (which always makes the walk that much nicer). On the way to pick Madison up I was able to snap a cute picture of Hudson in the stroller. Then, on our way home, about two-thirds of the way home, Madison and Kolten decided to hold hands (and so it begins). I tried to snap a picture, but this was the best one I could get.




While we were at the park this afternoon, I was able to snap a cute picture of Hudson. I love our nightly visits to the park with all of our friends!


After the park we came home and I started making dinner. I was trying a new recipe tonight and oh my goodness, you need to try it, if you like asian food! It was a homemade version of Cashew Chicken. I included the link so that you guys can look at the recipe and try it. Madison asked for seconds (which doesn't happen all that much because she usually wants to hurry up so that she can get in some final art or reading before bedtime. I halved the recipe and it was the perfect amount for myself and the kids. They each had a decent portion and I had about a cup of rice and a cup of the chicken mixture AND there was enough left over for me for dinner tomorrow night.

Anyway, as we were finishing up dinner, a delivery truck came by and delivered the sweetest package. My parents were so thoughtful and sent us the most amazing cake pops as a special treat for Halloween. I took a couple pictures of the box because it was pretty, but also because it was funny. Make sure to read the inscription in the picture...made me laugh out loud!



As we were winding down for bed, Madison and I were on the couch reading some stories and Hudson was being a goofball. I was able to sneak a picture of one of the silly things Hudson was doing. This speaks volumes about his silly, rascally personality.


Once the kids were in bed, I was in Room Mom mode! Tomorrow is the Fall Party for Madison's class. I spent the evening printing cute Leaf Picture for the kids to color with crayon and then watercolor over, dividing candy corn so that the kids can practice sorting, and baking sugar cookies so that the kids decorate and enjoy them.


No comments: