Tuesday, October 23, 2012

And He Hears Me When I Call....

Today, Madison, Hudson and I had a pretty normal day. We all got up, got ready for the day and then ate breakfast.

We dropped Madison off at school, which was fun (her scholastic book order came in...ALWAYS A GOOD DAY WITH NEW BOOKS). Some crazy lady parked so close to my car that I had to wait for her to finish dropping her child off and move her car, before I could go anywhere.

Hudson and I then went on our weekly date to Trader Joe's. I seriously LOVE that place. They had a new Brie and Herb dipping cheese that I had to buy for snack for our Life Group tomorrow night. Then, because I had picked that, I had to find a couple of other cheeses so that I could create a Cheese, Cracker and Fruit platter! I am so excited!

I had the lovely privilege of talking to a dear friend of mine and catching up with her! It had been too long and her phone call couldn't have come at a better time! It was nice to hear a friendly, supportive voice. I left that conversation feeling encouraged and uplifted!

Once we picked up Madison from school, we took our friend to the airport. She is flying to Texas to run a half Iron Man! I am so impressed and can't wait to hear how she does!

We had a great evening. We played at the park, had homemade chicken with rice soup and fruit salad, watched a little Magic School Bus (about Bats), and we read A LOT of stories. We LOVE to read stories, especially at night. We are in the middle of Junie B. Jones: The Beauty Shop Guy...it is so funny and I love watching Madison get so into the story and the characters! I will definitely be putting some of these books on her Christmas Wish List this year!

During bedtime, Alex was able to face time us and Madison was able to talk to him for a few minutes as we were getting ready for bed and before Alex had to start getting ready for work. We always look forward to those bedtime chats! It was so sweet that Madison and Alex were able to sing one of their songs together tonight before she fell asleep!

Once the kids were asleep, another very dear friend of mine came over and we just sat and talked and had awesome, quality girl time together! This was totally spontaneous, but just what I needed. I love how God puts things on peoples' hearts and takes care of us through the gestures of our friends. It was such a blessing to catch up with her and to grow deeper in our friendship.

I couldn't help but have this worship song, "He Knows My Name" come to mind tonight. God knew my thoughts and He provided BIG time. The lyrics are beautiful:

I have a Maker
He Formed My Heart
before even time began
my life was in hands

chorus
He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call

I have a father
he calls me his own
he'll never leave me
no matter where I go

(chorus)
He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls 
and hears me when I call

He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls 
and hears me when I call


And now I must apologize, I am sorry that I don't have any pictures for tonight! Until tomorrow...

No comments: