Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween, and All That it Entails...






Today Madison's school had a Halloween Parade. It was super cute, but very hard to get pictures due to the vast number of parents who were there. Thankfully, I had snapped a bunch pre-parade with Madison and some of her friends. In the upper left hand corner is Madison's little friend Andy, who had the same costume that Hudson has and Madison thought it was soooo cool and asked to have a picture with Peter Pan! The picture on the right are some of Madison's best girl friends in the class. The bottom left picture is Madison just before the parade...can you tell she was just a wee bit excited!?! The bottom right corner is of Madison and Kolten, one of her best buds in the class! Below is a picture of Madison and her good friend Layla (they also do AWANAS together).



After the parade, it was party time. Being that I'm the room mom this year, I was in charge of planning the Fall Party! I had so much fun! I had some great help too, which was much appreciated! We had a water coloring station. Below is a picture of Madison getting ready to water color over her leaf. Then, just below that is the finished framed product. I just love it!
 Didn't it turn out cute?!?


The second station was "Story Time with Mr. Ray." The kids LOVED this station. Mr. Ray is such an amazing story teller! He really is the most amazing teacher! We feel so blessed that God chose him to be Madison's Kindergarten teacher! There will be big shoes to fill come next year!



There was a cookie decorating station. Last night (as mentioned in the previous post) I baked several sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins. The kids had red, green, orange, and yellow frosting to pick from and then a wonderful array of sprinkles to choose from when they decorated their cookies. Below is a picture of all of the finished cookies, our food buffet and the watercolor station.
 This was Madison's cookie! Whew...that's a lot of sugar! She ate every bit of that cookie and enjoyed every second of it!

There was also a sorting station, but somehow I missed getting a picture of that. The kids were given bags of candy corn and asked to sort them into groups of 10. Once they were done they were able to put all of their candy corn back in their baggies and put them in their backpacks to take home. Then they were able to stamp and color on HUGE orange butcher paper!

When all of the kids were finished with their stations, they sat on the floor and ate their breakfast while watching The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! I think they had a lot of fun! I sure enjoyed planning and organizing it! I can't wait for the next party!

This evening we decided to go to our church's Trunk or Treat. (Below are pre-walking to Trunk or Treat pictures)




We me up with our friends Brittney and Matt and their kids (Brynn, Delaney, and Cy), as well as Travis and Kristyle and their kids (Kolten and Ashlynn). Madison had so much fun with her friends! I am so glad she was able to be with them!




Hudson on the other hand, man o man was he one unhappy Peter Pan! You'd think someone had just told him he had to grow up! ;) From the moment I put on Hudson's costume, he was a hot mess. He had done the same thing on Saturday (as mentioned in that post), but then got over it and was totally fine. So, I ignored how upset he was and carried on, thinking he'd get over it and move on. Man alive, he cried off and on for almost two hours straight! We walked to church for this event (which meant there was nothing I could do as a quick fix for getting him out of his costume) and so I felt awful on the way home when he was still upset. I tried everything, hot dogs, popcorn, apple chips, sun chips, apple sauce, water...nothing made this kid happy. He just flat out hated his costume and wanted me to suffer for making him wear it! And suffer I did...Yep! Mother of the Year Award right here! 




Anyway, Madison had a great time and I was trying to ignore Hudson in the hopes that he'd calm down and start having fun so that we could stay longer, but it just got to the point where I couldn't take it any more. I just wanted to get him out of his costume so that he'd smile! So, after we went to about two-thirds of the "trunks" Madison very graciously understood that we needed to go. She enjoyed some candy on the way home, along with her glow sticks. 

Once we finally made it home, I quick changed Hudson into his pj's and put him to bed. No joke, he was asleep in about 5 minutes! Then Madison was sweet and got herself all ready for bed! She said her prayers and now she, too, is out! 

Whew! What a day! It was a wonderfully fun day full of excitement, but man it was a tiring day! I think I am going to call it an early night and get some much needed rest! 

Hope you all had a wonderful day too!


No comments: