Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Sunday of Randomness

We had a great day today! We got up and had an early breakfast. Then, we all got ready for church. I must say (even though I am biased) my kids looked pretty darn cute this morning! Hudson was wearing new shoes and Madison was wearing a new dress (it's hard to tell in the picture, but it has cute little rosettes at the waist)! Oh and I was super stoked because I ended up getting the best deal on Madison's dress. It was originally $29.99 and I bought it on sale for $8.00 and then on top of that I received 30% off at checkout and free shipping for my whole order. Yay for good deals, especially when they are cute! :)



We are starting a new series called Relentless. The series is going to take us through the book of John. Today was titled Relentless Calling and we were in John 1:35-51.  Some of the thought provoking questions we were challenged with were:

1. How can I trust God knows me an is calling me to greatness?
2. Where is God calling me to step out?
3. How can I get out of my comfort zone?

One of the great take aways from today was a quote from Pastor Mike: "I can never settle for the greatness of yesterday."

Anyway, after church I met up with my wonderful friend Susan! I haven't seen her since we lived in 29 Palms. She is in town for work this week and she flew into the San Diego Airport, so we were able to grab lunch together and catch up! It was so wonderful to see her and to sit and chat like old times. We totally forgot to take a picture, so I am recalling and oldie, but a goodie!


After lunch, the kids and I came back home and they rested, while I finished up some chores around the house and prepped dinner.

Tonight was Madison's first night at AWANAS and she had so much fun (it was Pajama Night). She is in the blue, Sparks group! Tonight her team had the most points at the end of the night, so they each were able to pick a prize. She picked the sour patch kids! She was given her new vest tonight (now she is super excited about trying to earn badges for it). Next week is their Harvest party and she's so excited that she gets to wear her costume. I forgot to take pictures of Madison with her AWANA's gear, so maybe next week  I will snap a picture or two and post them.

Our night ended perfectly! As I was putting the kids to bed, we were able to talk with Alex over Face Time for a few minutes before he had to head in to work! It was wonderful!

Today was a good day!

No comments: