Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tinkerbell and Peter Pan

Today we went to an annual Halloween Party, hosted by some good friends of ours. This year we decided to pick costumes that go together. Madison is Tinkerbell and Hudson is Peter Pan. Madison was over the moon when we told her that we'd decided on Tinkerbell (it was one of her top choices this year) and Hudson, well, he just went along with what we chose. :)

This morning I watched a YouTube video to learn how to do a sock bun for Madison's costume...that was fun and much easier than I had imagined! So Madison eagerly put her costume on and I did her hair. Then, it was time for Hudson's costume. This boy has always been fine getting dressed, never had any issues. Well, something about this Peter Pan costume made him very upset. It was a battle from the moment I started getting him dressed. I almost thought I was going to have to just put him in normal clothes, but I prevailed and once the whole costume was on (minus that hat) he was totally fine and it was as if nothing had ever happened. So, I still have no idea what triggered the fight while putting his costume on, but it will be interesting to see if it happens again the next time he wears it, which will be in a few days. But without further ado, below is a picture of each of the kids right after I put their costumes on.




Both of the kids had a blast at the party. Hudson ran all over the place (and I mean all over the place) getting into all sorts of mischief and Madison had fun with her friends dancing, eating yummy food and treats, and just talking and being girlie. I wasn't able to snap any pictures of the two of the kids together, but I was able to get a cute one of Hudson in a window, which reminded me of a scene in Peter Pan where he's standing in Wendy's window. I was also able to get a picture of Madison twirling. (She informed me that her costume was perfect for twirling).



Right before we left to head home for nap time, I tried to take a self portrait of me and Hudson. It was the best I could do, but I tried. Hudson was finishing some yummy snack, so his hands and mouth were full, but hey...at least I was able to get one right?!?


Today was filled with laughter, reading, naps, silliness, mischief, and love. Today was a good day! We miss Alex more than ever, but he's never far from our thoughts and always in our hearts. Miss you babe!

No comments: