Thursday, November 01, 2012

Snail Mail

If there was a love language devoted to just cards and letters and sentimental sappy stuff...that would be my love language! :) It's more than just the words of affirmation, it's the time and thought that goes into someone writing a letter and sending it via snail mail, mailing a card, sending an email, shooting a thoughtful text my way, leaving a thinking of you note on my Facebook wall, posting a comment on my blog, etc...you get the idea. I just love thoughtful things :) And Alex is always so good at loving me in all of the above mentioned ways!

Anyway, today, Alex spoke directly to my heart! I was feeling a little bummed because I missed a call from him earlier today and he's currently somewhere where he doesn't have easy access to communication with us, so I was feeling a little down. Then, I went to get the mail and my heart skipped a beat as I saw a letter in the pile addressed to me and the return address was his. Then, there was another card from him, addressed to Madison. It was a happy evening in our house tonight! We LOVE snail mail!!!!



I love how God works! Based on the time it has taken Alex to get letters, we should have received these cards from him already, but God was saving them for today...the day we missed his phone call. God is so faithful to provide for us!

"Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, extend to the skies, and Your faithfulness to the clouds." Psalm 36:5

Inside Madison's Card, was an American Flag Star! It was a star from an old American Flag that was flown in Afghanistan, that had to be retired. Madison LOVED it and put it in the pocket in the back of her daddy doll so that it is always with her!



Tonight I am going to start a new book that came highly recommended by a friend of mine. I am excited to read it! It is called Seven: an experimental mutiny against excess by: Jen Hatmaker





No comments: