Friday, February 08, 2013

In My Element

It's Friday!!!! This means I was in Madison's classroom this morning! I had so much fun, despite the yucky weather! I was able to help Madison's teacher prep for some of their upcoming Valentine's Day writing activities and projects that they are doing next week! Soooo much fun!!!! I mean seriously, does it get much better? :) I also was able to help the kids during their independent work time (four stations that include 2 different  reading stations, writing  and word work) and I got the read the class a story! It has been a LONG time since I've read a book to a class and man was it refreshing! I get such a rush from being in front of the classroom, using my goofy voices, doing my best to bring a story to life, and then watching the kids get fully engaged in the plot! Pure Awesomeness!!!!! I sure do love being in the classroom and one day I'll go back, but I am loving the calling on my life right now to be at home with my beautiful children and to enjoy every second I have with them because before I know it, they'll be grown!

After I got home, there was a hail storm around 1:00...it lasted about 15-20 minutes. It was crazy! It cleared up just in time for Hudson and I to go pick up Madison from school.

Tonight was pizza and movie night. As promised, we watched Peter Pan!!!! It was a hit! Hudson loved it and Madison hadn't seen it in quite some time (since before her 4th birthday, when we watched several of my old VHS Disney movies in preparation for going to Disneyland).


When I went to get the mail today, I had an amazing surprise in there from my bestie! She mailed Hudson's birthday present and sent some fun little Valentine treats for myself and the kiddos. She also sent me the sweetest note that truly meant the world to me! She sure does know me well! It was just what I needed! :)

After I clean up the kitchen, I am going to get cozy in my pajamas and watch this week's Person of Interest. I went to bed early Thursday and missed it, but I DVR it. Then I might read a little and journal!

***Please continue to pray for Tori! Thank you!!!***



No comments: