Friday, February 01, 2013

It's February!!!!

Happy Friday!!!! Happy February (a new month has started and I'm that much closer to seeing Alex).

So, as most of you know, Valentine's Day is one of my very favorite holidays! I know most people scoff at it and say it's just a holiday Hallmark made up to sell more cards or that you should show your love more than just one day a year. Yes, I agree, BUT since it's a holiday all about hearts and love I say go for it extra during the month of February! Plus, my grandma's birthday was on Valentine's Day and I always thought that was super special! Anyway, I decided this year (because of a lovely pin I found on pinterest) that I was going to start on February 1st and each night decorate my kid's doors with reasons that I love them. So, last night I was able to begin prepping for this fun idea! I put a big pink heart in the middle of each of their doors that says, "I love you because..." Last night I chose the red sparkly hearts to put their first reason on. Madison's says, "You have a kind heart." Hudson's says, "You make me smile." I will do this each night and then every morning Madison will read them. Oh how I love Valentine's Day.

When Madison opened her door this morning, she read her hearts and ran over to me and gave me a HUGE hug. I don't think she realizes yet that she will have another heart tomorrow. I can't wait to see her face when she realizes that she'll have a new one to read every day!

Here is a darling picture my friend April sent to me from this morning when she was watching Hudson while I was volunteering in Madison's class! 


I had so much fun in Madison's class today! I missed being in the classroom with all of those wonderful kiddos! The morning started with the monthly Tribal Meeting! Then when we went back to the classroom, Madison's teacher spoiled the kids. The class had had a wonderful week and he surprised them a special donut party after the Tribal Meeting! The kids were so cute and so appreciative. You could just see them all beaming knowing that Mr. Ray was so proud of them! Here is a picture of Madison getting ready to enjoy her donut:


Today was such a beautiful day, that I decided to run to Madison's school and then we walked home. While the kids were in quiet time, I finished day 3 of my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred! Tonight for our movie night, Madison picked to watch Because of Winn-Dixie. Madison and Hudson really enjoyed the movie and we all snuggled on the couch together after we were done eating our homemade pizza!

I am getting ready to watch the movie, Adam. I have no idea if it's good or not, but it was a preview on one of my other Netflix movies and it looked cute. Hope it's a good one. Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

***Please continue to pray for Tori. Pray for God to heal her mind and brain. Thank you!!!***



No comments: