Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Today Made Me Smile

Today was a very productive day!

This morning I dropped Madison off at school and then Hudson and I went to the Y. I was did a hard run today. It felt great! I am extra motivated right now. I have less than a pound to go to reach my weight loss goal for while Alex was deployed. His homecoming is quickly approaching :) and so I am working extra hard to be able to say I reached my goal of losing 20 pounds while he was gone!

Anyway, after the Y we headed to Trader Joe's, my happy place! I just LOVE going there! It makes me feel so good about the food I provide my family, since nothing there has any GMO's and pretty much everything I get is Organic and I save more money than when I shopped at other places!

After school, Madison had gymnastics! It's always a happy day! It was raining today, so Madison was so excited that she was able to wear her new long sleeve, pink leotard! Amazon was having a killer sale on these the other day. I only paid $10.00 for this one and it arrived the next day! They had a bunch of colors, but Madison wanted pink, since she didn't have any pink leotards yet. :) I told her to strike a pose, so that daddy could see her new leotard and this is what a got! What a goofball! :)


After gymnastics, I came home and popped my already prepped Chicken Fajita Casserole into the oven. It was super tasty. I was very happy with this recipe find. Brittney had pinned it on her Pinterest Board and told me it was tasty, so I gave it a shot. I LOVED it. Hudson loved it too, all except the onions. Madison, on the other hand, had quite the issue with it. She didn't even want to taste it because she saw the peppers. I had only given her one in her bowl (she likes to create taco bowls instead of an actual taco/fajita), but she refused to eat it. So, unfortunately, she was sent to her room while Hudson and I enjoyed our dinner. When we were done, I went back into her room and told her that she could either come eat what I'd made her or she could go to bed hungry. She came out and ate the chicken, cheese, guacamole, and olives. She even said she liked the chicken....go figure. Needless to say, we had a long talk about not judging a book by it's cover and what exactly that means.

I just wanted to share that I did start my new Prayer Challenge last night and I can't put it down. I have one more day and I will be caught up (so between last night and today, I will have done 7 days). If you're looking for a way to grow in your prayer life, I highly recommend this book. I am not even 1/4 of the way through this book and I can already tell it's going to be a life changer! It is Draw the Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge. I ordered it off of Amazon and had it in two days and I believe it was maybe $10 (if that).

I hope you all are having a lovely Tuesday (although it definitely doesn't feel like Tuesday to me). Hope this week is a good one for you all!

***Please continue praying for Tori. Please keep praying that her therapies would make her stronger and that her cognition would improve 100%. Thank you!!!!***

No comments: