Sunday, February 03, 2013

Valentine's Day Prep

This morning, the kids and I received a surprise phone call from Alex. It was so great to talk to him just before leaving for church.

After church the kids and I ran to Target. I needed to a get a few more things for Alex's care packages and for the baking I'd be doing. After we left Target, I noticed that there was a Payless Shoe Store next door, so we ran in there real quick just to see if they had any red shoes (for the homecoming outfit). I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did they have a pair of shoes that will look wonderful with my dress, they were AMAZINGLY comfortable.



As a treat for the kids (and for myself), I ran through In-N-Out on the way home. I even let the kids eat in the car because I had to stop and get gas on the way home. I was shocked (well, I guess not really) to see how much gas had gone up since I filled up last. It had jumped $0.40/gallon. That is a lot in a two week period of time.

Once we arrived back home, it was time for Hudson's nap and Madison's quiet time. I then went straight to work in the kitchen. It was baking day! So fun!!! I made brownies, short bread cookies, peanut butter blossoms, three loaves of carrot/zucchini bread, and scones. As soon as I pulled the last tray out of the oven, I took the kids to AWANAS...they received double points tonight for attending and Madison knew 12 of her memory verses and received double points for those as well. After dropping the kids off, I came back home so that I could finish everything for the care packages.



Once everything was finished and cooled, I vacuum sealed all of the goodies and put them in the boxes, ready to ship to Alex. I also made a few extra Valentine Boxes for some of our "little"friends. I just LOVE Valentine's Day so much! I had so much fun putting everything together today! :)


***Please keep praying for Tori, she has surgery Tuesday. Thank you!!!***

No comments: