Thursday, February 21, 2013

What a Day!!!!

What a day (in a good way)!!!!

This morning after dropping Madison off at school, I had a wonderful conversation with my friend Kristyle. We totally were in the parking lot talking until we were the last cars there (other than the teachers and staff). We always have such wonderful conversations! She is such a blessing and I am so thankful for the friendship God has grown between us and continues to grow!  :)

Once Hudson and left the parking lot, we ran a bunch of errands. While on the way to Kohl's I had the chance to talk with my bestie, always a wonderful add-on to my morning! We went to Kohl's so that I could return something and look around for a few items we'll need for homecoming now. We were successful with the return, but they didn't have what I was looking for. Then we headed off to the mall. We went to Old Navy first...I went to get some new jeans, but I'm in between two sizes there right now and so I left empty handed. Then I went to the kids section and I was able to find one item I might be able to use with Hudson for his homecoming outfit. So we had a sort of successful trip to Old Navy for Hudson. Then, we went to a few other stores real quick before we had to leave to go pick up Madison (it was a half day).

During the kids quiet time, I had the chance to catch up with my wonderful friend Melissa. It was so wonderful to talk and catch up! I sure do miss that lady! I hope that at some point we're stationed near each other again!

We then had a random cloud just dump rain on us, so I gave in and told the kids we could have a fun rainy day movie (we normally don't do tv during the school week). We had fun snuggling on the couch and watching Tinkerbell. When the movie was over, we ate dinner and did baths/showers. It was very close to bed at this point, so we just moved on to bedtime routine and saying good-night.

Now I get to sit here and daydream about seeing my husband soon! Oh how I miss that man! He is such an amazing husband and father. It sure will be nice to have him back under our roof! I will be completely honest (and I know this might sound crazy), I think I'm probably more excited about Alex's homecoming than I was about our wedding. Don't get me wrong, I was beyond excited to marry Alex and to have a beautiful wedding, but I think it's because we've been married for almost 9 years now, when Alex is gone, I feel like part of me is missing. I long for Alex. He's my very best friend and I miss our conversations (in person) and just having him here. So, this time around, unlike the wedding, I know what I'm getting back, whereas when you get married it's all new. So, I think that is probably why I'm feeling this way. It's so much fun planning and anticipating everything. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

I hope you all had a great day!!!!

***Please continue praying for sweet Tori!!! She's been heavy on my heart today!!! Thank you!!!***

No comments: