Sunday, February 17, 2013

Silly Little Monkey

This morning the kids and I got up and got ready for church. We hung out with my parents for a little bit, before we had to go and then we headed off for service. Here is Hudson in his new shirt....I think his hair color and skin color look awesome with it...my little beach boy!



After church, we ran back home and picked up my parents and headed to the Corvette Diner. Last time my parents were here, I took them here for the first time and they loved it. It was requested once again this visit. We arrived just as they were opening (perfect timing) and we told them that we were celebrating Hudson's 2nd birthday, since my parents won't be here a week from tomorrow on his actual birthday! We all had so much fun! Our waitress came and brought us all hats and made a special one for Hudson that said Happy Birthday!!!!


 (This photo ended up being taken before the hats had arrived)

We all enjoyed our lunches very much. We also had so much fun watching Hudson rock out to all of the music (like he's done every time we've eaten there). Once they cleared most of our table, our waitress (along with a few other waitresses) came over and brought Hudson a little Sunday and sang him a special birthday song. 


Hudson very graciously shared his ice-cream with Madison, but that was short lived...when he realized she kept going in for more, he began to want it all to himself. I snapped the picture below and then took the following video, which captured the realization perfectly! Such a silly little monkey!



Once we were home, Hudson went down for his nap and Madison had her quiet time. When quiet time was over, the kids had United Through Reading Videos to watch. We'd received the package from Alex yesterday, but when I went and got the mail the kids were just getting ready to go to bed, so I saved it for today. Hudson stood and stared at the TV and Madison followed along in the books. This is the last United Through Reading package the kids will receive before Alex is home! So fun! Here are some pictures that I snapped as they kids were enjoying their "daddy" time!




This evening the kids had AWANAS. They were celebrating Valentine's Day tonight, so the kids brought drinks and cupcakes for their perspective parties! They had so much fun and during the awards part of the evening, Madison received her Hang Glider Review Patch! So proud of her little girl! She is soooo quick at memorizing things. She has a much higher capability than I do when it comes to all of that!

While the kids were at AWANAS, my parents and I went to dinner. We haven't gone to dinner just the three of us in a very long time. It was fun just enjoying their company and having a quiet dinner!

Hope you guys had a great weekend!

***Please keep praying for Tori. Thank you!***


No comments: