Thursday, February 07, 2013

Post-Grad

This morning started out extra wonderfully! I checked our bank account and our Federal Tax Refund had hit our savings account! Yahoo!!!! Now we're just waiting on the State Tax Refund...hoping to see it by next week!

Today I felt really good during my run! I had an intense last 7 minutes or so where I kicked up the pace! I felt great at the end of my run! If I didn't have to be out of there by 9:30 this morning to make it to the mall right when it opened (it was a half day for Madison, so my time was short) I would have run a little extra today!

After the gym, Hudson and I headed to the Fashion Valley Mall, well more specifically to the Disney Store. We preordered Peter Pan and it came out earlier this week, but it's been a crazy week and today was the first day that we were able to get to the mall to pick it up. Peter Pan will be our movie for movie night tomorrow! The kids are super excited. Included with the pre-ordering of Peter Pan was a $10 coupon to use in the store, so since Hudson's gift card is what we used to buy Peter Pan, I thought it only fair to let him pick out something. Madison lucked out though because Hudson picked the stuffed animal Bullseye from Toy Story 2 and they stuffed animals were buy one, get one free. So Madison received a little Jesse (also from Toy Story 2) doll. Hudson had a few dollars left over, so he picked a little bendable rubber Mickey Mouse as well! I enjoyed shopping with my little man this morning.

We picked up Madison, came home and had lunch and then the kids had their quiet time. I watched the movie Post-Grad, staring Alexis Bledel. It was such a cute movie! I would totally recommend it. I would actually say it's even one that I think would be worth owning because it's just that cute!

We went to the park today for about an hour, but man it was cold. It finally got to a point where all of us moms were freezing and decided it was time to go home. I made the kids dinner. Afterwards, I had a meeting at church, so we loaded up and headed to church.

I crossed another thing off of my "to do" list for before Alex gets home. I hired someone (who came highly recommended) to come deep clean my house the week Alex is suppose to be back! I am very excited. I have never had anyone ever clean my home. I had saved some Christmas Money I received just for this purpose. I can't wait!

I still need to figure out what I am going to do about Alex's car battery. I need to get that replaced, but it's hard to get the timing right of when I'd be able to wait for someone to come jump it and then drive it to a place to get a new battery installed in the time frame I have during the day when it's just me and Hudson. I was hoping to find one of those companies that comes to your home, but have yet to be able to do that. Might be worth signing up with AAA again just so that I can utilize the batter service they offer.

Anyway, I hope that you all had a wonderful day! Yay for tomorrow being Friday, another day closer to being back in the arms of my man!

***Please keep praying for Tori! Please pray that her shunt would continue to release the pressure in her head and that she would become more responsive. Thank you!***

No comments: