Friday, February 22, 2013

One More Friday Down

Today was filled with more errands and wonderful conversations.

Hudson and I dropped Madison off at school and then went to Target and to the Post Office. If you have a little girl, Target's dollar section is filled (as in it was just stocked) with amazing fun Disney items. There was enough stuff for little boys too, but it's definitely heavy on items for girls....I very easily bought and filled both of the kids Easter Baskets today and most of the items came from that dollar section. I didn't buy any candy. It was all fun art stuff, stickers, cute socks, bubbles, books, etc...

Anyway, I had a wonderful talk with our Family Readiness Officer and received even more details about Alex's homecoming today. I also had a phone date with Renee and we actually were able to talk for a long time with minimal interruptions. It was wonderful! I love and miss Renee so very much, but always am so encouraged by our conversations!

Back during the Super Bowl, we had won a free pizza from Papa John's, which I took advantage of tonight for our movie night. The kids and I picked the non-animated 101 Dalmatians for our movie. Madison had never seen it and was never really scared during it, but her sweet, tender heart definitely was worried about what would happen to those cute little puppies when they were stolen. Love her little heart. Hudson was constantly pointing to the TV and saying, "Dog, mom, Dog." It was too cute!

Well, another day down and another day closer to having my man back in my arms! I am so glad that I have very full days ahead of me because it will help the time to go by quicker. It will be here before I know it! Eeeeeekkkk!!!!! Just the thought of it, gets me all excited again!

I was very excited about something I discovered today. While talking to the Family Readiness Officer, she did tell me that the homecoming would be indoors, which is different than she had told me before. This means I don't need to stress about quickly finding new outfits or really cute layers for the kids to stay warm. They'll just need something to keep them warm from the car into the building! :) It's the little things, right?!?

Hope you all had or are having a wonderful Friday!!!!!

***Please continue your prayers for Tori! Thank you friends!!!***

No comments: