Monday, August 14, 2017

1 Week Down

We did it!

We finished our first week of deployment. I have to say that I am so very proud of my kiddos. They have adjusted very well and are enjoying our FaceTime chats with Alex, as well as getting to use their ToyMail Talkies (I'll post about these soon), to communicate with Alex. I know that there will be tough days that come, but so far, we're full of joy and moving forward with God guiding our steps each day and guarding our emotions!

Today the kids and I went to Trader Joe's, to Costco and to the Post Office. We mailed Alex is first two care packages that we filled ourselves.....he already has 5 other boxes on their way from other places...LOL. I needed stamps while we were at the Post Office so I asked to see what selection they had and we found some fun ones. We picked two just released sheets of stamps. Look how fun they are:

              


Once we were done with our errands we came back home and grabbed the mail. I had such a fun package of HAPPY MAIL from my dear friend and business leader Vanessa. She has been such a blessing in my life and I'm so thankful that God chose to cross our paths. Look at this amazing care package she sent. (She designed this bag for our team). Her attention to detail is just amazing. PS...Y'all need oils....just saying so because I care about each of you! ;) 



Once we were back home and the groceries were unpacked, I tried my hand at homemade Mayo. We were pretty happy with how it turned out. The kids loved it which is great because they didn't love the new one I'd bought when Just Mayo was no longer being stocked on the shelves at Target (or anywhere else for that matter). 


Madison had a blast again at gymnastics tonight. She did not get to work on her layout Fly Aways today because they had different assignments tonight, but she had fun nonetheless. She did get to work on adding a little more to her beam routine. I have a video of the first part (which as always couldn't change a million times before it's the final routine, but here's what she has so far). 


Hope everyone had a blessed day! Taking our car in tomorrow to drop it off and get that new hood I wrote about a few days ago! 

No comments: