Thursday, August 31, 2017

He Found It Again!!!!

It's the LAST DAY OF AUGUST!!!!!!

So, here's another little known fact for those of you non-military folk. Whenever you finish a month, it feels amazing because that is one month closer. Our BIG event for August (once Alex left), was school starting!!! We have at least one bigger event each month until Alex is expected home, so that's always fun. I'd say for being on day 24, we're doing pretty good! :) As mentioned in previous posts, we've had our off days, but for the most part JOY wins!!!

So, today was a wonderful day.

It started with having a great walk to school with the kids and getting to see them each have so much joy as they arrived at school and found their friends and set off for the day! Then, I went to lunch with my wonderful friend, Kim. God crossed our paths last year at the 4th grade California Gold Rush Production (our daughters were on stage next to each other). Little did I know on that day, God had sat me next to someone who I KNOW will be a lifelong friend. I just love her and I love how sweet her family is and the darling friendship our daughters have with one another! Moving is always tough, but God has always been faithful to bring just the right people into my life, and the same is proving true with this move. I have made a handful of dear friends and I cherish each of them.

Another super exciting thing happened today while the kids were at school. One of my amazing teammates and friends hit the next rank in our company. She has been such an encouragement to me and has the biggest heart. She hit SILVER, which is my next big goal (watch out September!!!), but ultimately I'm praying and working towards being a solid GOLD by the time Alex gets home from deployment and well on my way towards Platinum.

When we arrived home from school, my parents came by and stole the kids away to go shopping. I'm pretty sure they went on a sneaky errand for my birthday, but nonetheless, the kids had fun and then came back home and did their homework (Madison loved having my dad there to help her with her math...he always has some fun way to share how to do whatever kind of problem she is working on), while dinner was cooking and I chatted with my mom. Tonight for dinner we had artichokes and homemade mac n cheese.

While the kids were out with my parents I grabbed the mail and we had some FUN MAIL from Alex. Alex discovered that the chapel where he is has the United Through Reading program, which those of you that followed along last deployment, know the kids loved and always looked forward to. Well, his first UTR came today and so after the kids got ready for bed we snuggled up on the couch and watched the two DVD's as our bedtime stories tonight. For those of you that aren't familiar with this program, it's a non-profit organization that provides books for service members to read and record and then send home to their children. They get to send the book and the dvd to their kids. Alex always kisses the books on the video and when the kids get their books they kiss them back....it's just the sweetest. Madison knew instantly what this was because she remembered it from last time and Hudson was so excited because he didn't remember it, but loved everything Madison was telling him about it.


Please continue to pray for Alex, as I received an email from him saying he felt pretty yucky and they didn't have the type of medicine he was hoping to get, so he's hoping what the doc gave him will help. It's mainly his ears and he has a nasty cough. 

See you tomorrow...I'm off to go finish my September Newsletter and then I have the end of a movie to watch. I have not been able to find any good shows, so I started a movie and have been watching it in small pieces when I have time. 

I'd love any good Netflix, movie, tv show or book recommendations.

No comments: