Sunday, August 27, 2017

Lions and Tigers and Bears....Oh My!

Today blessed my heart so much!


I got to spend the afternoon with BOTH of my sisters.....That hasn't happened in so long that I can't remember the last time all three of us were together. It seriously blessed me so much. I LOVE both of them dearly....we're going on 32 years of friendship....they say it's once in a life time that you find a friend like I've found in each of them and I found TWO of them....I feel so blessed.

Anyway, I have A LOT  of pictures from today, so I'm going to start sharing some of them as I type, so that they don't all end up at the end.


So, the whole reason we all were together is that Ava is turning 5. So, it's kind of fun...my birthday is September 6th, Kami's is September 7th, and Ava's is September 8th. Anyway, since Jaclyn was out visiting, Dana (her mom) wanted to throw Ava a birthday party. We all love any reason to have a party, so we all came from every corner in California to be together. It was amazing. Here are a few pictures with the birthday girl!!! 

      

The Animal show didn't start until 10:30, and most of us were there around 10, so we have some pre-show pictures too!

                

Once the zoo keepers were ready for us, they called us all over for the show and of course we all took more pictures because everyone was together. Here are few as we were all getting ready. 


The show that was put on for the kids was so cute and they brought out some pretty neat animals. Each of the kids had a blast and loved how interactive the show was. Ava even got to go up and touch the hissing cockroaches.....it was quite entertaining!


Once the show was over we had the chance to sort of just roam around the zoo. The kids really enjoyed this part and getting to go see all of the animals. Here are some pictures from out time waking around the zoo enjoying each other's company as well as the animals. The monkeys were quite active today and making some funny sounds. I recorded them, but for some reason I can't get the video to load. I will try again later.


After our tour of the zoo, it was time for lunch, catered by the wonderful hostess with the mostest, Ms. Dana herself! She did a fantastic job and all of the kids LOVED the food, as well as the adults. There was even an interactive piƱata that threw candy over the fence ;). Here are the kids eating lunch and then the Horbal family right after Ava blew out all of her candles.

       


I'm missing a few pictures because they were on Kami and Jaclyn's phones, so I'm sure I'll post those once I have them. Our dear friend Tricia was there too and one of those phones has a picture of the four of us. We've all been friends since I was in 7th grade at La Reina. 

It was seriously so wonderful to spend the afternoon with my second family. I know that I lead a very different lifestyle than how I grew up and I think they are both equally special, but there was something so beautiful and unique about N. Ashtree Street and the families that all grew up together and became not just neighbors, not even just friends, but extended family that no matter how much time has passed it always feels like home being back with all of them. Today my heart grew a little bigger as I soaked up time with so many people that I love and hold dear that I don't get to see on the regular. 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, sassy, full of life Ava! You are so beautiful and I pray that you keep that bold spirit and your love for life. You are a force to be reckoned with my sweet girl! Love you!

Also, yesterday was Mamaw's 90th birthday. I had waited until today to post because I thought I might get to FaceTime with her and take a screenshot of us talking, but that didn't happen. However, we prayed for her and love and miss her dearly. 




No comments: