Monday, August 28, 2017

My Heart Still Skips a Beat

Monday.

Typically people loathe Mondays, however I enjoy them! I love the fresh start they give us each week. The reminder that each new day has a beginning and an end. We have the chance to start our day however we want, now don't misunderstand me. We don't get to choose our circumstances, but we do get to choose how we respond to them and Mondays remind me that I am blessed and I have no reason to not have joy in my heart.

Every day when I drop the kids off I remind them to be kind and to have courage. We've talked about how these are choices we get to make and that these choices not only impact us, but others. So, bring it on Monday, we're ready for you every time.

After dropping the kids off at school, I came home and worked for about an hour and then I went for a walk/run. We are in an excessive heat warning right now, so I ran when we had good cloud cover, but when the clouds weren't blocking the sun, I walked. It was hot and humid. It is suppose to be this way all week.

Once I was back from my run/walk (hey, I ended going just shy of 2 miles in that gross heat), I quickly showered and then had a phone date with Alex. It was so fun to get to talk to him. It had been a few days since we've had a longer talk and it was so nice to get to catch up with him and just see him. My heart still skips a beat when I see that handsome man of mine. Babe, I love you. I miss you so much it hurts. I so enjoy our conversations even when they are super silly and filled with hilarious filters. There is nobody else I'd rather be goofy with and have by my side on this crazy journey we call life. We're three weeks down today babers! We've got this!

Sorry, I got side tracked......As a result of the temperatures, I had experienced a first. I drove to pick the kids up from school today. We typically walk to and from school, but I chose to brave the after school craziness of the parking lot. Let's just say it was entertaining and when the weather is better we will once again be walking.

Once home, we unloaded, ate dinner, packed back up and headed to gymnastics. Hudson and I dropped Madison off and then headed to Target and Trader Joe's.

Hudson and I had a great time running errands and then after we came home and unpacked the groceries, we enjoyed several rounds of UNO and read multiple stories together. I really love that time I get to just snuggle up with my little monkey and love on him one on one.


Okay Tuesday, we're ready for you!

**Please keep praying for Texas. Several off my friends and their families have been greatly affected by Harvey. Being military, we know A LOT of Texas families and it just so happens that A LOT of my team for work is from that area too. So, this hits close to home with those I consider my chosen family. I am raising funds to send to Convoy of Hope, a disaster relief organization that is on the ground in Texas helping and making a difference. I posted about this earlier in the day, but for every KIT purchased between now and the end of the month, I will be donating $50 to this organization. I'm hoping to get to send them a big check at the end of the month in an effort to put into practice what I remind my kids every day: Be Kind and Have Courage. If you are interested to how you can help, please message me and I will share some ways.**

No comments: