Sunday, August 13, 2017

Isn't Trader Joe's the BEST!?!

Well, today was a GREAT day!

We went to church this morning. The kids loved their class and I really enjoyed the message today. One Sunday down....

After church, we ran to Trader Joe's for a few things and when we stopped for the kids to grab a sample at their sample counter (which was the most AMAZING Garlic Cheddar Cheese), I started talking with the lady who was serving us. We were talking about how fun it is to pair cheese, fruit and wine together. We were sharing our favorite cheese and how Trader Joe's has the best cheese selection around (it really does). Through the course of the conversation we were talking about date nights and I mentioned that I couldn't wait to have more date nights when my hubby came back home. This led her to asking some more questions and she learned that Alex was deployed. We finished our conversation and I didn't think any more of it. Well, as we were getting ready to check out, she quickly came over  and handed me a bouquet of flowers and said she just wanted to say, "Thank you." This gesture was so touching to me. She said she knew it was my husband who was overseas, but that she really appreciated talking with me and knows that holding down the fort at home is a tough job and she wanted to extend her gratitude! The kids thought this was so cool, so naturally we took a picture with the flowers in front of the Trader Joe's sign.


Sundays are typically the hardest day of the week during deployment because they are our family day and a big piece of our family is very obviously missing. However, God is so faithful to show up in the details. I NEVER go to Trader Joe's on Sunday, but just happened to need a couple of things today. God met me where I was at and reminded me that He is with us through this adventure and that He's got us in the palm of His hand. To this lady, it might have been a small gesture, but to us, she was God's hands and feet today, blessing us and reminding us that we are never alone and God is always faithful and by our side. 

After we came back home from our errands, I prepped the food for the business class that I was having at my house. (I forgot to take any pictures). We had a great time. We talked, planned and motivated each other to push for our goals and to remember our WHY. There are some amazing things happening on my team right now and I can't wait to see God bring them to fruition. I seriously love all of the people I work with and find such joy in what I get to do and be apart of each and every day!

The kids and I read a few stories before bed and then once they were in bed I was blessed with the chance to catch up with Brittney. It has been awhile since we've been able to catch each other on the phone with our time difference. We actually were able to talk for about 3 hours. What a true blessing that was. Oh how I miss her and her sweet family, but I LOVE that even though we are 17 hours apart right now, we still are just as close as ever and don't miss a beat when we are able to actually connect. God truly blessed me with this friendship. 

Hopefully, I will have some more gymnastics videos to show you tomorrow. All I've heard about today is how excited Madison is to finish choreographing her beam routine with her coach and how excited she is to try her fly away layout tomorrow. Praying these happen while I'm there so that I can catch them on video. 

No comments: