Monday, August 21, 2017

Fro Yo!!!!

Oh my goodness.

Thank you to all of you who covered us extra in prayer today. We definitely felt it.  We had a fantastic day!

To start the day off we ran all of our errands: Target, Trader Joe's, Post Office, and Costco. As we were leaving Costco today, there was a line of people sharing the special eclipse glasses and so we jumped in line and took a peek. The kids thought it was the coolest thing and had a blast. I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to see the eclipse because the glasses were sold out everywhere I had tried to look, but God popped in and reminded me yet again, that He's in the details of our every day.

My dear friend Stephanie (she a wonderful friend from college), had the privilege of looking through her dad's telescope with a solar lens on it and captured this photo. Isn't it gorgeous!!!



Later in the day we meet our sweet friends for Frozen Yogurt and when we arrived, we learned that our daughters were going to be in the same class for 5th grade! This is such a blessing. Madison adores Mackenzie and I adore her mom. She's become a really great friend and I'm so thankful for their friendship. Well, the girls were over the moon and didn't stop chatting the whole time we were there. They were even sweet and included Hudson in some of their silliness. Here is a cute picture of Madison and her friend Mack.


After our fun outing, we raced home, changed, and grabbed dinner. Then, we headed off to gymnastics. I don't have any new videos from tonight, but Madison had a great time and enjoyed working on the beam and tumble track tonight after their extended warm-up. 

The kids were tired tonight. We came home and both kids quickly changed and got ready for bed without any real effort on my part. 

Once the kids were asleep I had a fun chat with my friend Sarah, whose husband is also deployed, so we get to be deployment buddies, however we still living about 45-50 minutes away from one another, but it's nice to have a friend who is going through the same thing. We even started planning a girls' night in late September. I'm so excited!

Alex was able to call for a few minutes before heading to breakfast, so that was a pleasant surprise too! I just love that guy ;) 

Will you please help me add to my book collection? What books have you read this year that are must reads? Please share them in the comments section. I only have one fun book in my queue and I keep being asked for a birthday list from my mom and Alex, so I'd love to be able to add some fun ones in there. :)

And yay that there are only 18 more weeks until Christmas!!!!!!!

No comments: