Friday, August 18, 2017

Accomplished

Woot Woot!


Woke up this morning and as of today, I've lost just over 5 lbs since Alex left....goals=crushing it!!!!! Who do you think is going to win? I'm so excited. I know! I know! It's not all about the scale, but in the beginning when you're getting back into routine, it sure does feel good to see those wins on the scale. I've been working really hard to hone in on my nutrition and stay consistent with my exercise. I'm also doing a few other things to support my gut that are really making a difference.

So, early this morning we received the phone call that Alex's car was ready, so we quickly got ready and waited for the curtesy shuttle. It was such an easy process. They picked us up. I paid the deductible. We were given the keys and we turned around and went back home.

Once we were home, I had the itch to organize the garage. It had been on my "to do" list since we moved to our new home, but everything else took priority. I spent about 2.5 hours organizing and sweeping the garage. I piled a bunch of stuff into the back of my car to take to Angel View and then I also had a nice size pile that I kept throwing in our trashcan (yay for a late pick up on trash day). After my hard work was finished, I was able to pull BOTH of our cars into the garage. It was glorious.

By this time, I was dripping with sweat (yay for the extra cardio workout), but it was time for lunch. So I quickly made the kids and I lunch....I was tempted by so many things because I was so hungry, but I was good. Here is my lunch from today, so simple, yet so delicious.


After lunch we ran over to Angel View and dropped off our donation and then hurried home so that we wouldn't miss our FaceTime call with Alex. On the way home, I stopped to grab the mail and I had received the sweetest card from my sister, Jaclyn. Thank you for always being so thoughtful and sending me the most wonderful cards sis!

 Today Hudson and Alex started making silly faces at each other and Hudson was so excited about this. He sure does love and miss his daddy. I snapped a goofy picture of these two. 


Shortly after we all finished facetiming with Alex, it was time to make Madison dinner and head off to gymnastics. Today I took a cute picture of Hudson and his buddies (the other little brothers) during gymnastics. One of them had brought and iPad and they were all taking turns playing some driving game. It was pretty funny to sit and listen to them all. 


When Hudson and I got back to the house to eat dinner, there was a box at the door and it made me so happy. I discovered the other day that Pentatonix had another Christmas Album. Now, I don't know if this is new or not, but it is new to me. We really love their other Christmas Album, so I bought this one so that when I decide to start listening to Christmas Music I have it (in addition to my Martina McBride one of course ;). 


The kids were tired today. As soon as we arrived back home from the gym, they both went to bed almost immediately and I believe they are both already asleep. 

Well, I'm off to do a few things for work and then hopefully finish or at least read a good chunk of the rest of "A Man Called Ove" before heading to bed. 

1 comment:

Larissa Traquair said...

Fun blog post Sis!!! I love both Tina McBride's Christmas Cd and Pentatonix's. Praying for you all during this time and loving that you have goals and are staying busy with positive stuff right now!! You are ROCKING this thing Sister!!!