Thursday, August 24, 2017

First Day of School

Oh my goodness....so I have SOOOO many pictures to share with you today.

I was up bright and early this morning! I popped out of bed at 5:00 and then proceeded to do my quiet time. I know I've already said it, but I'm really loving my Kelly Minter Bible Study. Then, at around 6:00 I started getting ready and then made my Slique Tea. While it was steeping, I finished making the kids' lunches and filled their water bottles. I had so much fun. Then at 6:30 I woke Madison up to start getting ready for the day. Next, Hudson began to stir, and was up around 6:40. They were both excited. While they got ready, I made breakfast. Today we had scrambled eggs, bacon, sliced avocado and some strawberries, along with our vitamins and Ningxia Red.....gotta keep that immune system at it's best for school. :)

I never let Madison where her hair down to school....too many icky bugs at school and not worth it to me to risk them coming into our home, but I told Madison she could wear it down today if she showered and left me enough time to blow dry it for her. I was planning on curling it, but my curling iron died, so we made it work.

As we were getting ready to walk out the door, Alex was able to quickly call...he had just gotten to his new room (I'll share more about that a little later on) that he'll be at for the next few days and so the timing worked out. We said a quick "hi" and "bye" and then we took the traditional morning pictures. The sun was bright, but I tried.


Then, we were off to walk to the first day of school. I was able to snap a couple pictures there too! 



While the kids were at school, I went for a run...ended up going 2.67 miles...was wanting to go 3, but miscalculated how far my route was and was out of water and it was too hot to try to get that last bit in. I had a very productive day at home and at work. Now to figure out what I'm doing tomorrow... have so many things I want/need to do...I just need to prioritize them. 

I had such a blast when I picked the kids up, listening to them retell the events of their day. They both has fantastic days and can't wait to go back tomorrow. This blesses my heart so much, especially for Hudson because this definitely wasn't the experience he had on the first day of school last year. So very thankful that everything has gone so smoothly so far, especially since Alex isn't here. Such a blessing that the kids both LOVE their teachers and already have friends in their classes. Hudson came home with the cutest little note from his teacher and she also shared picture of the class on our Class Dojo App.

      

Tonight for dinner I made a new recipe. Brittney shared it with me. I LOVED it and my kids tolerated it...they finished their bowls, but with some persuading. I think Alex would have loved this dish. We made an inside out egg roll bowl. Pictures are below.

          

Okay, so Alex is traveling as I mentioned in my last post. I can't say where he is until he's back, but I can show you some of the crazy pictures he's sent me. So, this trip is a bit different than your typical trip on deployment because it's almost like a built in business trip that since Alex happened to be deployed was able to attend. His accommodations aren't lacking in the slightest. Alex said this is probably the nicest hotel he's EVER stayed at. Here are just a few of the pictures he sent me.

Here is his room:


Here is the Hotel Buffet for Dinner:

     

I believe this next picture is a picture of the hotel or maybe it's a view from his room, but wow!



Hope everyone had a GREAT day!!!! 

So excited for work tomorrow....big things happening!!!! 


No comments: