Saturday, August 26, 2017

Garlic and Pesto, Oh My!

Still trucking along!

We just finished Day 18.

This morning the kids and I had a great time. We all enjoyed having a lazy morning and then we were able to chat with Alex briefly. During our chat, Alex sent me some pictures from his dinner last night. They had a true Bahraini meal and he said it was delicious.

     


The kids and I then headed to Barnes And Noble to turn in their Summer Reading Journals. They each received two free books and were so excited. 


Once they picked their free books, they used the gift card that Erin sent us a few weeks ago and each picked out some books and they even found one to share! Thank you again Erin, for this sweet blessing and bringing joy to my kiddos. 


Then, Madison remembered that she still had money left on her gift card from her birthday, so she picked out one more book and purchased it. 


I love how much my kiddos love to read books and how excited they get when they each get hand pick their books. 

Once we were done there, the kids asked if we could head to See's Candy. Oh man, was it hard to be disciplined there, but I did it. I didn't even eat the sample the gave me. I split it in half for the kids. The kids each picked out a sucker and were thrilled. 

Once we were back home, we played many, many rounds of Uno....shocker! We were also able to talk to Alex a little bit more before he went to bed. It was such a treat to get to talk to him multiple times in one day. 

Being that today is Saturday, it was family movie night. The kids picked the original Disney Cinderella (the cartoon) and we made homemade pizza (garlic crust, pesto, cheese, and pepperoni). 


I've been working on a few things for work tonight and also trying to take a little time for me, so I snuggled up with a blanket and watched some reruns of When Calls the Heart! Silly show gets me every time! 

Can't wait for tomorrow! 


No comments: