Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Happy Mail Day!!! (and fun recipe)

Tuesday.

Oh, Tuesday....what a day we've had!

This morning I received a quick text from Alex letting me know he's made it back from his travels in Bahrain. Then, while I was doing my bible study, I had a new tea that I bought at Trader Joe's yesterday. It was sooooo good! If you like tea, you have to try this!




Once I was done with my study, which by the way I'm still LOVING and highly recommend, (Just as a reminder it is All Things New, by Kelly Minter) I woke the kids up and everyone started getting ready for the day. We left a little bit earlier than usual today so that Hudson would have some more time on the playground to play before school started, especially since the kids are on excessive heat warnings at school....morning is the only outdoor play these kids get. Their recesses and lunch are indoors. 

After I walked back home, I grabbed my water bottle and headed out the door for my run. I felt good today during my run. There was a nice cloud cover, so my path felt pretty shady. I ran to a nearby park and then did 4 sets of sprint intervals and then walked home....by this time the clouds had moved past the sun and I was back in direct sunlight and it was HOT!!!!

Then, at 10 this morning I taught a class for work called: Natural Living with Plant Based Products. I really enjoyed getting to share and spend time educating. It's one of my favorite parts about my job. 

Once class was over and the questions had been answered, I prepped dinner: Homemade Chicken and Cheese Green Enchiladas. I made my own recipe tonight. I made once dish for us for tonight and I prepped one to freeze for later on down the road.


Enchilada Casserole (from the kitchen of Stephanie)
Recipe:
Chopped chicken (about 2 cups)
1 large can of green enchilada sauce (homemade works well, but canned is fine)
1 small can of refried beans (I used Trader Joe's refried beans with salsa)
1/4 cup whole milk plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
3 cups shredded cheese (divided)
20 Corn Tortillas
2 9x9 pans (I used one glass and one foil so that I could freeze it)

1. Combine 1/3 of sauce from can with beans, yogurt, cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheese and all of the chicken.
2. Pour thin layer of sauce in the bottom of each pan.
3. Use 3 tortillas to layer  (I did two diagonal and then split 3rd one in half and put in each empty corner).
4. Put 1/4 of chicken mixture on tortillas (don't forget to do both pans so that you have an extra meal...or if your family is larger you can make this in an 8x13 instead of two dishes.
5. Then sprinkle chicken mixture with cheese.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 to create second layer
7. Then do a final layer of tortillas.
8. Split the rest of enchilada sauce between the two pans and top with cheese.
9. Bake at 400, uncovered, for 30 minutes 


After we returned home from school, the kids each worked on homework and reading, while I popped dinner in the oven and set the table. The kids gobbled up dinner and Hudson told me it was his new favorite way to have enchiladas. I took that as a huge compliment because that kid really loves his traditional cheese enchiladas. 

Anyway, we headed off to gymnastics and when we came home Hudson went to bed and Madison and I worked on homework for a little bit, but then we had to work on the Bill of Rights and it was just about time for Alex to get up, so we shot him a text and he woke up early and FaceTimed in to explain the Bill of Rights in depth to Madison. She now knows more than I do about the Bill of Rights. I love that Alex was able to help her with something he's so very passionate about. I was sad for Alex that he was going to miss all of the U.S. History, but so far he's been able to chime in and help in the areas I am lacking. 

Okay...so when we went to get the mail today....we had so much mail! It was so fun! The kids each received their letter and German money from Alex...however, it was very obvious that someone had slit Madison's letter on the side and stolen the coin out of it. Such a bummer! Anyway, here are the kids with their fun mail. 


Then, in addition to that fun mail, we received the SWEETEST gift from my dear friend Chrissy and her whole family. She sent us a movie night care package and a very touching card! Chrissy, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and for loving on us the way you did!!!

      

Today was a GREAT day! Looking forward to tomorrow. Wednesday is always a fun day! See you tomorrow! 

No comments: