Thursday, August 17, 2017

It's Been a Roller Coaster Kind of Day

Looking forward to God's new mercies in the morning.....


This morning we went to the kids' school and found out who their teachers will be for this upcoming school year. We don't know either of them, but have heard nothing but fantastic reviews about each of them. We will have Back to School Night next Tuesday for the kids the meet their teachers and hopefully some of the kids in their classes. The kids are super excited for this upcoming school year.

On our way back, we realized we never went to get the mail yesterday. So we stopped and grabbed it and Madison's new skin for her Talkie finally came in. This silly skin was suppose to be here in May and then it was pushed back to June, then July and now it finally has arrived, but boy was it worth it because it's super cute and Madison LOVES it.


So inside of this unicorn (her name is NuNu), is a WiFi enabled box that connects to an app on my phone and Alex's. Alex and the kids (Hudson has his own too) are able to leave messages for each other and stay in communication with each other. It simply requires that the toy be in a recognizable WiFi network and that Alex is near his WiFi, since his phone is turned off. Anyway, I highly recommend them and it's also been great for family to talk to the kids too. As long as they have the app and have connected with us, they can leave the kids a message. I have complete parental control over them with my app, so they will never receive random messages...only ones that I approve. 

I don't like to dwell on the hard parts of the day because, well....it just doesn't do any good. But we'll just say that there has been a lot of frustration today with the kids, my own actions, our management company, just plain grumpiness from everyone in our home, and I could keep going....

Well, we all needed a break, so I threw on The Peanuts Movie because I just love that movie and I love how my kids (no matter their mood) will get up and dance with the characters at the end of the movie. We all were feeling better as I prepared dinner (we had one of the kids' favorites, Turkey and Spinach meatballs....to which Madison said this was my best batch yet #winning, peaches and avocado), and the kids got ready to head to gymnastics. 

On the way to gymnastics, I realized that I hadn't checked today's mail (because earlier it was yesterday's mail) and when I opened our box there was a key to the package box. I had a package in there and I was puzzled, because it was Young Living box, but it didn't look like it had come from Young Living. It looked like it had been opened and then resealed. I was thinking that maybe something I'd ordered for Alex was bounced back to me for some reason. Well, when I opened it, I saw that it was the most thoughtful care package from my amazing Floral & Pine team. You guys, these ladies are so amazing and seriously just the BEST! And the crazy part is, I've NEVER even met a single one of them, yet I feel like we are all family and that I could call any one of them and they'd drop what they were doing to listen and help however they can. You guys, they sent the sweetest, most thoughtful gifts for my kids and the MOST amazing book/journal for me. This had me in tears and then when I opened the card and saw their note and the most generous gift card, I began to Ugly Cry. The card's instructions were to go do something fun with the kids. I can't even tell you how much this means to me. Not only was their thoughtfulness and generosity incredibly touching, but God had it arrive in the mail TODAY....of all days. Once again...He's in the details and He's carrying us. 


Tomorrow will be better. One day at a time....hey we're on day 10 and school is just around the corner. Once school starts, we'll all be so busy and the kids will actually miss each other and all will be right in the world. So goodnight friends....see you tomorrow!

No comments: