Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday!!!

Today was pretty calm.

Only two days back at school, and everyone is still happy as a clam (are clams really happy....hmmmm) about their teachers and their classes! My kids were bummed that tomorrow is the weekend.

I, however, am ready for the weekend. I had finally just started "sleeping in" the last couple weeks of summer (and by sleeping in I mean until maybe 6:15 on a good day), so my routine of going to bed around midnight, now getting up at 5 (which is fine in the morning), and then working out hard in the heat, catches up with me each night and I am ready to have a fun relaxing weekend.

I have a fun surprise planned for the kids tomorrow....at least I think it's fun. Hopefully they will too! :)

Then, on Sunday, we're going headed back to Moorpark to see my sister and her family who are out here from New Jersey. My niece is turning 5 and we're celebrating at the zoo. I will share more about this when we get back on Sunday, but I'm so excited to see them...it's been too long!!! My other sis will be there too! woo hoo!!!!!

Today, I improved my run time and distance, despite the heat. I am bound and determined to get the results I want and I'm not going to let the heat be an excuse. I did intervals today for just over 3 miles. I ran .5 miles and then walked .5 miles and so on, however when I hit patches of shade I would run extra even if it was my turn to walk...had to take advantage of that shade! I bought my huge water bottle with me filled with my AminoWise and felt great the whole time.

While Madison was at gymnastics, Hudson and came home and we played many rounds of UNO....I think maybe I need to look for UNO Attack that everyone keeps mentioning because I think it sounds like a lot of fun and my kids clearly have an UNO obsession.

Kids went right to sleep when we came home from gymnastics. One of the many great things about them being back in school is that they are spent by the end of the day from focused days, new routines, and very hot days! I wish I could say it's suppose to be cooling off, but next week looks like it will most likely be too hot for us to walk home from school AND it's suppose to be crazy humid.

Well, I'm off to start a new book. I officially finished "A Man Called Ove" and forgot to mention in on whatever day I finished it. I really enjoyed that book. It was different from the books I typically read, but it was a very sweet story and Ove is quite the character. I can't wait to see the movie.

Sorry for the lack of pictures today....I'll make up for it with picture overload from this weekend.

No comments: