Friday, September 01, 2017

Happy September!!!

Day 25.....what a day!

It's September!!!! Bye-bye August!!!!!


Man alive was it hot and humid today!!!! We braved the heat and still walked to school today, however I definitely picked them up and drove them home after school. It was a MUST!!!!

While the kids were at school, I was crazy and walked 3 miles today. I think I sweat more today just walking than I normally do when I run the whole time. It was lovely though because I was able to multitask and be on work call for part of my walk and it didn't even feel like work so much because it was one of my dear friends and we were having fun planning and brainstorming and dreaming!

Once I was back home I had to run the rent check over to the management office and then come back and shower and get ready for a live video I had to do in my team's product group today. Shortly after my video Alex called (well, he actually called during the video, but I had to finish it before I could talk). Alex is feeling much better! Yay! We were able to talk for a little bit and then he went to bed and I was off to grab the kiddos.

When I picked up the kids from school they were beaming from ear to ear. They each were able to participate in the ice cream social they had at school today because they participated in the summer reading program the school was hosting. Then at that social, they announced the winner for each grade for who read the most pages over the summer. Hudson won for first grade AND Madison won for fifth grade. They each were given a certificate, a pencil and a $10 Barnes & Noble Gift Card! They were sooooo excited and happy when I picked them up and I LOVED that Madison's sweet friend Mackenzie was equally excited for both of them.

Madison was also telling me that on Tuesday, there will be a drawing from the participants (there were only 80 in the whole school that did the summer reading program) they will be drawing a winner for Kindle.

       

We took Madison to gymnastics and stayed to watch for a little bit. Then, we came home and ate dinner and while we were eating, I noticed it was abnormally hot in our home. I went and checked the thermostat and saw that it was 85, even though it was set to 78 and it was only getting warmer by the minute. I called our management company and thankfully they were able to send someone out pretty quickly, however it was a decent size issue because it took them almost 2 hours to fix, but now we have air and the house is cooling down. It's quite lovely. So thankful it was able to fixed tonight. I'm also thankful that my parents were able to come over because the window for the technician was 8pm-midnight and I felt funny having someone come over that late while I was home with the kids, but he showed up almost exactly at 8 and the kids went to bed and now my house is quite quiet.

I think I might go read a book for a little bit...well, maybe. With as hot as it's been I've been too sleepy to read once I get in bed...I'm still working on getting started on my Nicholas Sparks book: Two By Two.

We are all excited about our three day weekend. We have some fun things planned for each day. Tomorrow we are going to Oak Glen to pick apples. Sunday, after church, we are going to visit with our friends who are doing a little get away here in Palm Desert for the weekend. Monday, we are going over to my parents house for Labor Day and to celebrate my birthday! :) Should be a great weekend.

No comments: