Sunday, December 02, 2012

Amazing Day #2

This was just the most amazing weekend! So, yesterday I shared what an amazing day I had. Well, today was also amazing, it was crazy busy, but it was super amazing!

Today, I went to church (heard an awesome message, as usual) and then we hopped in the car and drove straight to Orange County to make it to Julia's house for our annual BTEP (blended teacher education program) Christmas Party.  Last year, we ended up having to skip it (which was the first time in all of the years we've been having them that we had to completely skip it because everyone's schedule were just too crazy). This year, we started planning early and EVERYONE was able to make it! It was WONDERFUL!!!

I love these girls and their families so much. Alright, I am going to be dating myself here, but we've all known each other since we were freshmen in college in the Fall of 1999. We have 13.5 years of memories built up together that began when we all were getting to know each other fresh out of high school as we ventured on to the wonderful world of college and the memories have continued through  weddings, pregnancies, adoptions, and so much more. We are a family! We use to get together every month (before kids) and then it was every couple of months and lately it's been for big events or our annual traditions :)

Between all of us at the party today there were 13 adults, 13 kiddos, and 1 little baby on the way! I took as many pictures as was possible. With that many people, it was hard to get a bunch of good ones, but I think I was able to snap my fair share of "shareable" photos. :)








We had to leave the Christmas Party and then jet back to San Diego to make it back in time for AWANAS. I had contemplated skipping it so that we could go do some fun Christmas stuff in Orange County that I love, but I found out that Madison was going to be receiving and award at AWANAS tonight, so we had to make sure she was there. 

I dropped the kids off at their Puggles and Sparks classes and then I went home, drove Alex's car around the block, unloaded the car, and did a few other random things around the house. Then I went to Subway for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed my sandwich (that I added avocado to)! YUMMO!!! I read a chapter in one of my books. I also had some girl time with Kristyle while we waited for the kids. I went in a little early to see the awards ceremony. Madison earned her blue crystal and she was selected to be the November Clubber of the Month for Sparks! She was beaming from ear to ear when they called her name. It was pretty darn cute! I am super proud of her and how hard she works to not only memorize her bible verses, but to understand them as well!



When I picked Hudson up from Puggles, the teacher told me that they were studying that God Made Animals. This is a sand picture that Hudson and the teacher made together. She told me that he picked out which picture he wanted to do, what color sand to use for each section, and he helped sprinkle it on. I think it turned out pretty cute! I was impressed! :)



It was another Amazing Day!!!! Thank you God for all of the blessings in my life!

No comments: