Monday, December 17, 2012

Dandelion Jack-Pot

Today started out as a rainy day and finished with sunshine, although it looks and smells like we're going to get more rain tomorrow. I know I am totally a California girl, but I'm done with the rain. It just isn't any fun taking your daughter to school in the rain. I am ready for the rain to go away for awhile!

While Madison was at school Hudson and I dashed off to Trader Joe's. I always feel so happy when I'm there. I simply love everything about it from the amazing food, the ambiance, and the amazing people that work there! Once we were done there, we made a bee line for the post office to mail Alex some baked goods, but unfortunately all of San Diego had the same idea. I was actually impressed though, for as long as the line was when we arrived, we only waited about 45 minutes in total.

Since the afternoon cleared up, I threw Hudson in the jogger and ran to Madison's school (it was the perfect weather for a nice run). We then walked home. I love the conversations we have on the way home. I am really LOVING this special time we have. Madison has also become quite fond of searching for Dandelions and today she hit the jack-pot!


Madison and I had a lot of fun reading books when we arrived home. We read several Mr. Putter and Tabby books and a couple Poppleton Books. She loves them both. We are so thankful to Mr. Ray for introducing us to these books and for allowing us to borrow some of them. :)


Today we opened Box #4: Baby Jesus


The Birth of Jesus

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to their own town to register.
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to himand was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

No comments: