Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Spirit

Today was a wonderful day of fun, relaxation, and spending time with family! My parents arrived in town around 11:30 today! Shortly after they arrived, Hudson woke up from his nap, we ate lunch and then we hit the road to head up to UTC (University Town Center) in La Jolla.

We had a blast at the mall. The kids took a ride on the train with Grandma and then they got their picture taken with Santa. This mall doesn't allow cell phones or cameras in with the Santa, but I asked if it would be okay for me to take a picture with my phone so that I could email it to Alex. They went above and beyond, not only did they let me take as many extra pictures as I wanted, they wouldn't let us pay for the pictures. They blessed us with (2) 5x7's, a cd with a copy of a hi-res image, and a $20 gift card to Shutterfly. They thanked us profusely for Alex's service and for the sacrifice we make as a family having him gone. I was truly touched by their generosity! Madison was excited to see Santa, but Hudson wasn't so sure. He was fine until we sat him on his lap, then he got upset. We were able to calm him down for the picture, but as you can tell from his expression, he still wasn't too sure about the whole thing.




When we arrive home from the mall, there was a package waiting for us at the door. Hudson was so cute. He tried so hard to lift it, but it was just too big and too heavy. It was a sweet package from our best friends the Caro's. We were truly touched by their thoughtfulness. We love you guys! Thank you again!



We all watched The Polar Express (Madison's pick) and then we went and looked at Christmas lights. We started with the Belardo Lights and then drove around different neighborhoods and just admired the beautiful lights. :)






After the kids went to bed, my parents and I talked for a little bit and then we watched a Christmas movie. It was a wonderful day, full of fun Christmas activities! :) I pray that you guys had a lovely day as well. 

I didn't post about it yesterday (sorry), but we opened the last box, Box #7: A Mirror "What God Wants"

He wants us! 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

No comments: