Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Gymnastics Show

Today was a lovely day. It started out with taking the kids to church for a special treat. Our church was honoring military families today. They had a special event where they watched the kids from 8:30-12:00. While I was out shopping, the kids were getting to make fun crafts, eat yummy goodies, and watch fun Christmas movies! Then, when I picked them up, each of them received a special goodie bag. The whole thing was so very thoughtful! Below is a picture of some of the fun Madison and Hudson brought home with them. The ornament in the top left, Madison made. :)


After I picked the kids up, we raced home to get ready for Madison's Holiday Gymnastics Show. She was so excited! God truly blessed me today while at the show. I was trying to figure out how I was possibly going to take pictures of Madison and video tape her at the same time. Then, this wonderful lady came and sat down next to me. We started talking and her daughter was also in the show, but in a different section. She volunteered to take pictures and email them to me, so that I could video tape. So, once I have those pictures, I will happily post them, but for now there are two that I took and the video I shot. In the video, Madison is towards the back left corner. I wasn't able to get as close as I'd have hoped, but you can still see her! :)

This was Madison just before she went in with her teammates.


This was Madison and her team leaving the floor after their routine.


Here are the pictures my new friend took:















And as if today wasn't exciting enough already, when I went to get the mail there were a ton of Christmas Cards and a very sweet package from my dear friend Devin (we've been friends since college group). She sent some fun crafts for the kiddos and a very sweet note with her Christmas Card. Her thoughtfulness touched me to the core!



Finally, today we opened Box #2: Mary. 


 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

No comments: