Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Today was a very full day! I started off the day with a 5.75 mile run in the morning. It was wonderful! It was my first outdoor run, in a very long time, sans stroller/kids! I felt like I was so free. If I didn't have a million things to do, I think I would have made my run even longer (and the last 1.5 miles were in the rain).

When I arrived back home, I had to take a quick shower before I could do anything else because I was soaked from head to toe, due to the rain that snuck up on me. Once I was showered and ready we my mom and I made breakfast. We had bacon (nitrite and nitrate free might I add), scrambled eggs, and english muffins. Some of us made breakfast sandwiches...always a favorite in my family!

After breakfast, I prepped dinner (we had pot roast and potato casserole). Then, we watched White Christmas. Following our movie, Madison, my mom and I decorated the Christmas cookies we'd made the day before. This is one of my favorite traditions and I can't wait for Hudson to be able to really join in next year :)

Once we were done with the cookies, we all began to get ready for Christmas Eve service at my church!

It was a beautiful service this year (I must say I liked it much better than last years' service). AND I always love the candle lighting at the end of service as we sing a final Christmas Song...this year it was Silent Night. My heart is always so full of joy on Christmas Eve at the thought of our Savior being born into this world to save us from our sins, best present of all!

Once we arrived back home we ate dinner (sorry babe, forgot to take a picture). After dinner, we all gathered in the living room and opened our presents. Well, due to time, we let the kids open all of their presents first. 

After presents, we put Hudson down because he'd had a very long day. Alex was able to call, so we were able to talk to him for about 45 minutes. It was seriously wonderful getting to talk to Alex tonight, not the same, but wonderful! Then we played one of Madison's new games with her: that game! When we finished our game, Madison went to bed and then my parents and I finished opening our gifts. We then spent the remainder of the evening, putting things together, cleaning up and I prepped for my in-laws visit with us tomorrow.

No comments: