Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Day of REST

Well, even after getting 12 hours of sleep last night, I woke up barely able to get out of bed. Madison was so sweet. She came in and brought me our thermometer and our tissue box. The kids let me lay in bed until about 7:45, which was much appreciated. It literally took all of my energy to get out of bed and to get breakfast for the kids. 

The rest of the day was spent laying on the couch watching movies. Thankfully, when I had a short burst of energy I threw everything in my crockpot for my homemade chicken soup (and my sweet friend Brittney brought me my only missing ingredient, but a huge flavor booster: celery). Chicken Soup always makes me feel better when I am not feeling well (and my kids love it, so that's a HUGE plus). 



Slowly, throughout the day I started feeling better. Thank you to all of you who were praying for me to feel better. This morning started with tears and not knowing how I was going to make it through the day and finished with me having the energy to do two loads of much needed laundry. I so appreciate all of the sweet texts and offers I received today. I apologize if I didn't respond to them all, as I had my phone on silent much of the day, so that I could just rest. 

My kids were seriously amazing today and I am so thankful for their sweet, tender hearts. I received so many sweet snuggles and just thoughtfulness from both of my kids today. My heart was blessed and I felt overwhelmed with the love I have for these amazing blessings in my life. 

While today was not what I had hoped and planned for, it was a good reminder, that I need to always take time to rest and that no matter what there is always something to be thankful for! God is good...all of the time. 

***Please continue praying for Tori to wake up! She had a brief 1 minute period of opening her eyes and responding today. Please pray that it happens again and for longer this time! Thank you!!!!***

No comments: