Tuesday, January 08, 2013

What a Great Surprise!!!!!

Today was a great day!

Hudson and I took Madison to school. Then we stayed and talked with our friend Kristyle for a little while. Love a wonderful conversation between two friends. :) Then, Hudson and I headed home. I put him down for a nap and then I did my Jillian Michael's workout video along with all of my other ab and tricep exercises.



It's Tuesday, so that means it's a gymnastics day and because of this we drove to pick Madison up. Madison's regular coach wasn't there today, but they had an awesome sub. She didn't go lightly on the girls. She pushed them and stretched them harder than I've seen them work before. They did a lot of new things on the beam today.

Walking forward on the beam up on tippy toes:


Walking backwards on the beam:


Here is a video of Madison practicing jumping up on the beam from the floor and then also working on her hand placement on the beam as they increase their upper body strength by hopping back and forth:


After gymnastics, we came home and I began working on dinner (taco salads). I was able to get both of the kids fed and put the bed, but I am still working on my salad, even as I type (almost two hours now after it was prepared...good things it's salad). While beginning to unwind from our day (and trying to finish my salad) I decided to light my lovely candle (a gift from my bestie). It's scent is heavenly! I am sad it's almost gone...I will have to hunt for it!


While enjoying the lovely aroma of my candle, eating dinner and checking a few things on the computer, there was a knock at my door. When I looked to see who it was, I saw a FedEx truck in my driveway and a delivery man at my door. I received the most wonderful, amazing surprise. My dear friend Jamee (we've been friends for almost 14 years) sent me the sweetest care package. I will start at the top of the picture and go across and work my way down. She sent me an original Jamee Block Piece of Artwork (framed and all), which I've already hung on my kitchen/dining room wall. I just LOVE it! She also sent me some darling folders and the most beautiful of journals (for those of you that don't know, I'm kind of obsessed with journals and go through quite a few of them each year). She sent me the most touching card and on the front is says, "Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing." Her words inside were very special to me and truly touched my heart. She sent Madison the most fashionable little apron. I just know she's going to jump up and down when she sees it tomorrow morning. She sent me the most perfect bracelet that reads, "Let your light shine" AND it has a HEART on it (as I mentioned in a recent post, I am kind of obsessed). Last, but certainly not least, she sent Hudson little Robot nesting dolls that are seriously amazing! Jamee, your kindness and thoughtfulness came at such a perfect time and was an amazing blessing tonight. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Love you friend!




***Please continue to pray for Tori! Thank you to my faithful prayer warriors***


No comments: