Thursday, January 24, 2013

This Is A Day The Lord Has Made, I Will Rejoice And Be Glad In It

"This is a day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

This was my go to verse today!

Today marks day 100! 100 days since Alex has been overseas and away from us. While I know we still have many more days ahead of us, we are thankful that we are now counting down the days until he is back in our arms. We are in the home stretch! I am so very thankful for how God has given us joy, peace, love, trust, and laughter during these past 100 days and look forward to what God has in store for us until we're reunited as a family. God is so good!

This morning I woke up with a nasty fever just over 101. I took some Advil, and it dropped it, but only for an hour and then it came back full force. I went and dropped Madison off at school and then stopped by Rite Aid on the way home to pick up some Mucinex D (because now everything I'm feeling is in my sinus/head). I took the Mucinex when I got home and two hours later, my fever was higher than when I woke up, my head was pounding, and my nose was unbearable. I was desperate. I needed something, but had no medicine to take (as it was only 9:30 in the morning at this point and it would be at least 12:30 before I could take Advil again and Mucinex is a 12 hour pill). So, I did what I should have done first, I prayed. I asked God to give me the strength to get through the day, as I surely could not do it with my own strength. I asked Him to help me figure out what to do next so that I could start feeling better and so that I could be a good mom to my kiddos. Well, sure enough He answered my prayers! I was able to get in touch with my doctor and she called in a prescription for me as I was leaving school (I had just picked up Madison). I made another quick trip to Rite Aid and grabbed my prescription and headed home.

Earlier while I was laying on the couch, Hudson was being so darn cute. He kept coming up to me and laying his head in my lap and giving me sweet hugs. He also kept asking for his hood to be put on, and then would spin in circles (think of a dog spinning around trying to catch it's tail) trying to take his hood off. I sure do love this sweet boy and his gentle heart.

I am still feeling pretty nasty (and I still haven't been able to shake my fever), but I am hopeful that when I wake up, the antibiotics will have started kicking in and the Nyquil Sinus Nighttime medicine I am about to take, will have kicked in.

In other news, we received a fun box of mail from Alex today. One of the items I can't share with you just yet (I promise to post a picture once I get the okay from Alex), but below is a collage of the sweet items in the box for us. Alex found another scarf (that is super soft) for me. He found laminated Afghanistan money for Madison and a warm beanie for Hudson.

Another thing that happened today was another answer to prayer. I can't remember if I posted the fact that I discovered Alex's battery in his car was completely dead. When I tried to get in the car to put his registration in the glove box, the remote control key wouldn't even unlock the doors...that's how dead it was. Mind you, his car is a Prius, so it's a bit trickier when the battery dies. I spent forever trying to talk to Toyota. I did get a very nice lady on the phone, but the answer to one of my questions was beyond her so she said a supervisor would call me back. Well, that was over a week ago now and I'm sorry darling, but you said it was very important that I get my battery started ASAP, so I can't wait for your supervisor to call me forever. Then, today, our dear friend Kevan, emailed me (as he's done every few weeks since Alex has left) to see if I needed any help with anything tomorrow or Saturday. I shared with him my car situation and he emailed me back the most amazing information and was such a HUGE help. I ended up calling our roadside assistance through our insurance and they charged the 12V battery and all is good now. I sucked it up and put the carseats in the car and went for a 15-20 minute drive to help the lithium battery get back to it's full charge. Anyway, that huge burden was lifted today. I love how God sends friends along just when we need them and to remind us that we don't have to do things alone. "This is a day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

I also wanted to mention because I forgot to the other day when I wrote my super short post, that I received the most thoughtful card in the mail. My dear friend Hannah sent me a card that was so uplifting and came at just the right time. Again, another example of how God uses others to love on us and to remind us that we aren't alone! Thank you so much Hannah for taking the time to write me such a beautiful note and to craft such a lovely card. I cherish it and miss you so much friend!

I am going to sign off now and go to bed. Remember, even when things seem to be getting you down, God is always there and there is always something to rejoice in! Find the joy within and don't let anyone or anything take it away!

***Please continue to pray for Tori to wake up! Thank you!***

No comments: