Friday, January 11, 2013

The Snowman Song

This morning when I went in to Madison's room to wake her up, the first words out of her mouth were, "Do I have to stay home with you today or can I go to school?" She was elated when I told her she could go to school. That girl sure doesn't like being out of school!

I was so happy for her that she was able to go and participate in the class song at their school Tribal Meeting. I was also excited because it was Friday, which meant I was able to be back in the classroom volunteering.

Here is a picture of Madison, in her classroom, with her tambourine just before lining up to go to the tribal meeting to sing "The Snowman Song" as Madison calls it:


Here is the video. It was hard to get close because there were classes in front of me. Unfortunately, they had Madison's class sit down, just before the performance started, so it's hard to see her, but she's sitting just behind the two girls in the pink and red coats and the separate shortly after they start and you can see Madison sitting playing her tambourine. Sorry that the volume is slightly low...the kids started out singing pretty soft and then they increased the volume at the end. 



Here is Madison next to two of her buddies: Bryce and Jane, just after they had finished performing.


Madison's school is having Kindness week this week. One of the things they're doing is on the back of each classroom door is a BIG poster board that kids, teachers, and parents can write kind things on about anyone in that class. 

I wrote Madison a little note as I was leaving the classroom this morning, after I was done volunteering:



When I came to pick her up, this is what I found (look in the middle of the picture):



Madison has such a sweet heart!

This evening I attended a special military dinner, at my church, with a bunch of my friends. Because Alex is stationed out of Pendleton, I don't get to go to any get togethers with wives from the same unit that Alex is deployed with, so it was fun to go to this military marriage seminar/dinner with a bunch of my friends! :) We discussed the book, Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge. I haven't read the book, but I have read books by both of these authors. We had a lovely dinner and then watched a short clip about the book and then had a little discussion about how to protect our marriages in general, but more specifically dealing with the issues that tend to come up within the military. It was a lovely evening with lovely people. 

Now I am home, the kids are in bed, and I'm getting ready to start my Friday night show, "Fringe." There are only a few episodes left in the series. I can't wait to find out how it all ends! :)

Happy Friday! Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

**Please continue to pray for Tori to wake up, for God to heal the left side of her brain and for her to begin consistently breathing more on her own. Thank you!**

No comments: