Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Refiner's Fire

This morning was another chilly morning (33 degrees once again)! I am definitely ready for our warmer weather to come back and according to the forecast I might be in luck! :)

Hudson has a cough that sometimes sounds like a normal cough and other times it sounds down right nasty. I opted not to take him to the Y today, just in case he has something. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so he's going to tag along and get a quick check as well! I need to get these kids back to good health...life gets complicated when they're sick, not to mention it is so hard to watch your kiddos be sick! Anyway, so Hudson and I headed straight to Trader Joe's!!!! Oh how I love my Trader Joe's shopping trips! For my sanity, I pray I always live near one!

When we arrived home from Trader Joe's I had an email from Alex with a new picture!!!! LOVE getting new pictures of him.



Madison had a GREAT day at school today and she was extra excited that today was Tuesday, which means gymnastics. It warms my heart to see the glow in her eyes and the joy on her face each and every time we get to gymnastics. I am so happy that she is loving it as much as she does. We registered her for her first Progressive Competition today (It will be mid-February)! She is crazy excited about it! She will be competing on the floor, beam, and bars. We are already trying to decide what leotard she will wear (although I am thinking that I might try to find her a new one as part of her Valentine's Day gift).

This is Madison just before class, enjoying some yummy crushed ice from Coffee Bean!



Hudson was a trooper today. Since he couldn't go in child care, he sat in his stroller and watched Madison during her lesson. He had some snacks and water to help tide him over.



Tonight, after I put Hudson to bed, Madison and I put together one of her 100 piece Disney Puzzles. Tonight Madison chose her Tinkerbell one. I love getting to spend that extra 1 on 1 time with Madison when Hudson goes to bed a little bit early (which has happened a few times recently because of his cold...or whatever he has). Madison gets better and better each time we put a puzzle together, but I love that she still seeks me out to help her and to spend time with her. Here is our completed puzzle:


This time with Madison, while Alex has been away, has been so precious. I am so thankful for this season of life. I know that might sound strange and don't get me wrong, I miss Alex more than I could ever truly express with words, but there has been something extra sweet about this time. Madison and I are very similar and so we can tend to butt heads, but God is so faithful. During this time, God has grown Madison and I closer together and knitted the most amazing bond between us. I just love and adore my baby girl. We have grown in our relationship in so many ways, the biggest of them being in how we communicate with each other. Madison and I are both very emotional beings and so sometimes conflict between us spirals out of control rather quickly. I had been praying for God to refine my character and to grow me in this area, specifically with regard to Madison long before we even knew Alex was going to deploy. While obviously I'd prefer my family to be whole, God has been doing some pretty amazing things in and through my life since Alex has left.  I am sincerely leaning on and trusting in God with everything and going to Him first. I don't have Alex here to talk to at night, so I get to spend many extra hours in conversation with my beloved, the way God had always intended it. It is through these times that I can feel God molding and shaping my heart in ways to help me be more and more like Him, specifically with my children. I am so thankful for the blessings in my life and for the lessons God has been using to teach and to refine me.

Let me close with these lyrics from an old worship song, but one that is near and dear to my heart:

Refiner's Fire
by: Brian Doerksen

Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold
Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from within
And make me holy
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin
Deep within

I hope that you all are having a wonderful week.


***Please keep praying for Tori to wake up! Thank you friends!!!***



1 comment:

Donna Rowell said...

love reading your posts - you are a dear and a godly woman. sweet blessings each day, dear Stephanie.
xo Donna xo